Thursday, June 25, 2009

Item Of The Week ~ Patio Umbrellas

Photo courtesy of patioumbrellas.com


I may be being overly optimistic here ~ it's been cloudy and raining non-stop on Long Island and, before I build and decorate an ark, I need to turn my mind to sunny days!


Check out all the different designs and colors patio umbrellas come in these days. I love not only the pagoda style of the black & white umbrella, but also the fact that it's black & white.


Photo courtesy of cushionsandumbrellas.com


This umbrella (above) looks almost like a lamp with it's drum-look shape. Love the vibrant colors.


Photo courtesy of awningscenter.com

This one reminds me of a circus tent (above)! I love the teal/aqua/turquoise one in the photo below.
Photo courtesy of tropitone.com
Just make sure you close your umbrella up tightly on windy, stormy days! They do have a tendency to lift up like projectiles (not that I had a broken bathroom window that was hit by one and then landed bending the whole umbrella up).
Photo courtesy of patioumbrellas.com

The picture above is an umbrella in my favorite color, but even more important, it is where I'd love to be right now!

9 comments:

Alluring Interiors said...

I adore them all...God, I love that pink one...would love to be right there, right now!

Time2Design said...

Oh the first one, black and white, is so stylish...very nice.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I liked them all for different reasons, too, Jackie! I need SUN! : )

I really like the black and white one too, Carmen, plus it goes well with my blog colors! (Ha!) Glad it worked out that it was the first pic for this post!

Elite Home Decor said...

Love , love, love the pink one too! It has been raining here too allday!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks Kimberly! I really like the location where the pink one is! More rain and gloom here today.

Marie Cole said...

That black and white umbrella is extremely sexy, ooohhh lala!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Marie ~ I think that's it! It has an "ooooh la la" attitude to it!

wood fences said...

I adore these umbrellas! I wish they were sized as personal umbrellas as well — I’d love to walk in the rain if I had one of them, especially the pink ruffly one.

bj said...

I just HAD to comment on that black and white umbrella....waaay too cute..and I love black and white, just like you...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...