Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Light Bulb Moment

I came across this great lighting accessory that I just had to share!  These are shades that clip onto recessed and can lighting fixtures.  They are made by a company called Stonegate Designs and they have a listing of retailers who carry their products on their website. 

lights.before

I don’t think I can get this picture any bigger without distorting it, so you might want to visit the website if you want a better look.

I am trying to find out from the company if “can” lighting means track lighting.  If so, I plan on purchasing a couple of these to try out on my own track lighting and review here on my blog.  I also have recessed lighting, but I’m more interested in updating our existing track lighting in the kitchen and great room without totally redoing it. 

Edit/Update: Just heard back from the company that they do not work on track lighting ~ only recessed lighting fixtures.  Bummer.

Love this idea!

15 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That sounds like a great company! I am off to check them out. Thanks Kathy!

xoox
Jen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great idea. I am with you. I really need to do something with the track lighting in the kitchen. Hope you find something. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

Very cool. Let us know what you find, I have track lighting in my great room and it could use a facelift! Thanks, Kathy!

xoxo
Jane

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

I have a recessed light at the end of my family room over the fireplace. It gives a harsh down light in photos even if we use the dimmer. I think this might be just the thing to camouflage it and soften the light! What do you think? Thanks.
~Nancy

Design Esquire said...

Great find!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
It would be great if you could add those to track lighting. Let us know.

hugs
Sissie

Christine said...

That is a great idea!!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, bummer, Kathy :(

We have recessed lighting in our family room and master bath. I have been seeing where you can now easily replace the recessed lighting with light fixtures which I still want to do in our master bath. We have low ceilings in the family room so it'll have to remain recess lighting.

I want to change out the 80s lights in our kitchen now that I've seen it done on several home shows!! I'll have to ask our neighbor John if he could install the lights . . . once I know what I want in there!

xxoo

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Great find nonetheless!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

What a clever idea! Going to have to keep this website handy! Never know when you might need this!
Thanks for sharing it with us!

Pamela said...

Just sent ya an email to say WhooHoo you are my winner! Congrats!:)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Okay, you need to "invent" this, get a patent and become a millionair!!

Seriously....great idea!

Lou Cinda :)

Rosemary said...

That is a great idea!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Rosemary

Unknown said...

thanks for the commet. You must completely feel my pain then huh? why do they grow so fast?!

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

this is great! thanks for sharing this- something to consider. hmmm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...