Friday, December 30, 2011

Bad Kathy

My only consolation is that it is not January just yet and my plan is to not spend on frivolous home décor things for at least a month.  I went into TJ Maxx on my way home from the supermarket to look for two gifts for people coming over New Year’s Eve.  I walked out with this.

DSC04471_3699

After having a conversation with myself {in my head, of course} I was able to justify these purchases to my own satisfaction.  Everything was 50% off and I spent a grand total of $47.00!

DSC04475_3703

This gorgeous silver tree skirt was the first thing to catch my eye {originally $29.99}.  Rosettes and ruffles!  This is so pretty I want to wear it!  Now, I don’t need another tree skirt, but the wheels were churning to use this as a tablecloth for our New Year’s Eve party.

DSC04479_3707

What about the hole you ask?  Well, the hole will be taken care of with a silver tray.  Like this.

DSC04477_3705

Maybe not this particular tray but I have three to choose from.  I also fell for these trees, at least 17 inches tall with the urn.  I was amazed they weren’t broken or trashed in some way, but they are perfect.

DSC04473_3701

Also picked up some holiday tissue paper since I ran out wrapping this year’s Christmas’ gifts.  Oh yeah, the gifts.  I got two candle gifts ~ one in this Peace tin and the other a blue mercury glass-like candle. 

DSC04472_3700

I’ll be back to show you how I set up the table using the tree skirt as a tablecloth.

Kathy

25 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

I have to laugh remembering on "Designing Women" where their wacky aunt wore the Christmas Tree Skirt on Christmas Day. Yours is gorgeous, you have a teensy waist! LOL Great buys, don't blame you! xoxo

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kathy, Love the pretty tree skirt and the trees are cute! I hope you have a wonderful 2012 in your new home.
Hugs,
Sherry

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Your spending was totally justifiable. Money well spent. Gorgeous skirt.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Sherry said...

I would not have been able to resist those trees. In fact I stopped at two half price Christmas sales and found not one tree in good shape. I did find a few silver decorations for next year. I had also decided not to buy house stuff but your money was well spent, as was mine.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
Whenever I pass by TJ's or HomeGoods my car makes an immediate STOP! It's impossible to not buy anything from these wonderful stores.

I love, love that tree skirt and I cannot wait to see how you set up your table.

hugs,
Sissie

Sonny G said...

I would have grabbed that tree skirt too:)

Anonymous said...

This looks so beautiful! I love it, Kathy! I would have bought it too! I can't wait to see your table! I also love your trees! Great scores!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

wow...what a beautiful skirt...you really scored...love it all..phyllis

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

OH my goodness how lucky you are to find this. It is gorgeous.
Hope you have a very Happy New Year honey
Love
Maggie

Brenda Pruitt said...

That's a great idea! Covering the hole. Happy New Year!
Brenda

eleven-o-one said...

Next Christmas, you'll be glad you were bad! Happy New Year!

LuLu Kellogg said...

That tree skirt is to die for. I can't wait to see your table set up!

LuLu~*xoxo

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

TJ Maxx is a dangerous place to go if you don't plan on buying anything! LOL! Love the tree skirt! Very clever to use it as a table cloth. Happy New Year, Kathy!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Fabulous finds Kathy! I never go into Home Goods and come out empty handed LOL!! Can't wait to see your table setting. Have a very Happy New Year! Martina

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Love the skirt! What a great idea using it for the table!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Aww, you're not bad, Kathy! You're smart Kathy. How can anyone pass up great deals. And that tree skirt is gorgeous! I enjoyed going back and reading your past posts. Your new home is looking so gorgeous.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Sue said...

Cute tree skirt and wonderful idea for using it! You are too clever, my friend. Did you get beautiful at Lisa's? Happy New Year to you, once again. ~ Sue

Gail said...

Happy New Year Kathy and I can't wait to see that table setting with that tree skirt! What a fabulous find!!!!

Okio B Designs said...

That skirt is gorgeous! Clever to use it as a tablecloth! Good luck with the resolution. I made a similar one. ;) Happy new year!

J

BECKY said...

Happy New Year, Kathy!! Hope yours is full of wonderfulness!!

Love your finds, too! Great idea for that tree skirt...definitely from a designer's mind!!

Hugs,
Becky

Karena said...

Kathy that table skirt is so gorgeous!! Great finds. I am excited to see your finished table!!

Happy New Years & All the best in 2012!

I hope you will enter my Giveaway From Serena & Lily!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your new treasures. I havn't been anywhere to shop at all, so that has been safe. I just don't need a thing and I certainly don't have any place to put it. Can't wait to see the skirt used as the tablecloth. Great idea. Also, the silverware you saw with roosters would have definitely caught my eye. How fun would that be. Happy New Year. Hope it's the best. Hugs, Marty

Debbiedoos said...

That is beautiful Kathy. I would have been so giddy with that find. Happy New year to you!

Amy Chalmers said...

Beautiful tree skirt~looks like some shopping to be had over there!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

LOVE the tree skirt! That's just too fab!

Oh I stayed out of the stores after Christmas. Actually I went to Target a few days later and all I bought was some clearanced plants and 1 roll of wrapping paper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...