Monday, July 2, 2012

New Stuff & Sneak Peeks!

I’ve got some new finds and sneak peeks to share with you today! One is this fabric remnant that looks like leather, but I’m sure it’s pleather.  I really liked the pattern and could see this on a footstool.  I’ll be keeping an eye out at the thrift store and antique mart for something that might suit it.

DSC08338_7393

I also picked up this cute little wire dress form.  Here it is modeling a hot pink child size apron that will be getting dolled up.

SONY DSC

That is a pleated ribbon, not a feather boa, over the shoulders and will be used in the makeover.  This is the perfect size for me to have the child size aprons on and keep in my craft/sewing room.

DSC08345_7400

Here are the sneak peeks.  The one is from the guest bedroom.  I can only show you a sneak peek because there are some things taking up temporary residence in here from the flooring project in the office.  I hope to be able to show you a full picture next week {of both the office’s new flooring and the guest bedroom}.

DSC08329_7403

The second sneak peek is something I am hoping to get a full day {more like three} to finish up.  This is my guinea pig window valance for the sunroom. 

DSC08331_7386

I used the smallest window to put a practice valance together and these are all the extras I picked up to make it “special”.  I just laid these things on the sewn valance to show you my idea.

DSC08333_7388

I found a remnant of a silk taffeta that will be used for fabric covered buttons; these little tassels which will be attached just underneath the buttons; a flat trim to go across the top {under the tassel and the button}; and a beaded fringe to place along the bottom. 

DSC08332_7387

Whew! That seems like an awful lot for one little valance, but I think it will look great once complete.  Once I get all that attached, and if I like it, that will mean 6 more need to be made and those are larger; ranging in size from 48 to 60 inches!  Wish me luck!

17 comments:

Red Door Home said...

Looks like you have lots of fun projects in store! Looking forward to seeing the curtain.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you!!

xoxo

Okio B Designs said...

That apron is going to look so cute! Can't wait to see your other finished projects!

Jeanine

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Looks at all of the sneak peaks! Can't wait to see what you are up to...

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

Great looking projects! I love all the extras your using on the window treatments.

Dee

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Good luck with the valance, Kathy. Looking good so far. That hot pink apron is so darn cute. Have a great week.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

OOOhhh, Kathy- all looking great- such awesome potential, can't wait to see your magical transformations!

Hugs!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, you are busy. Love that valance, it will be stunning and I love all the trims. They totally make it. Hugs, Marty

Stitchfork said...

Your projects are non-stop! Hope you find a stool soon for that fabric pleather.
xo Cathy

Olive said...

Details make all the difference. I adore aprons and that one will be so fun...

Anonymous said...

You're busy! I love the practice valance! You're very talented! Your attention to detail is wonderful! Love everything you're doing!

AB Home Interiors said...

Boy you do sound busy! Love that apron so, so cute. Have a happy 4th!

Kelly said...

Love your new finds! Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy right now. The valance you're working on is going to look great! It's always fun to add the layers and make it custom looking.

Gail said...

What fun finds Kathy! I love that little wire dress form and that pink apron is going to be adorable! I can't wait to see your valance!!! Enjoy your evening, Gail

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the sneak peeks because I always look forward to see what magic you will work!! Happy 4th to you and your family!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, that is one ambitious project, from what I can see that little valance will be great!

Mood was arranged by type of fabrics, cotton, silk, linen, etc....Then it is just overwhelming trying to see and pick. I only had 1/2 day to do all of my Garment District shopping, I could have spent a whole day in one store!

Carol

Little Miss Maggie said...

Those valances look like they are going to be stunning. A lot of detail. That's what I love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...