Monday, August 5, 2013

Vanity Stool Makeover

A garage sale find, I thought this vanity stool was worth the $4.00 to give it a makeover.

SONY DSC

I think I’m keeping this one for myself, so I used a toile fabric with colors in it that worked with our master bedroom and bathroom.  First I took it apart and spray painted the base with Heirloom White spray paint {Rustoleum}. 

2013 07 29_2090

Then I took some batting and the fabric, and attached it to the seat portion.  I then reattached the seat to the base.

SONY DSC

I nice little refresh!

SONY DSC

Here it is in the bathroom by the vanity area. 

SONY DSC

 Linking up with

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Be Inspired at Common Ground

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

 

24 comments:

Victoria's Vintage Designs said...

How fresh! Looks great!

Okio B Designs said...

Oooooooh, love the fabric you chose. So pretty painted white too!

Jeanine

Preppy Empty Nester said...

adorable!

Betty said...

It is beautiful and the fabric is perfect.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It looks fabulous. Love the fabric. Don't forget to link up to Inspire Me this afternoon. Hugs, Marty

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Nicely done - and what a frugal find!

Anonymous said...

So cute and what a great find! Love the fabric!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It turned out great. What a bargain!

Unknown said...

Very cute!!! Love the fabric!~~Angela

farmhouse-story said...

such a great price, kathy! it looks so pretty with your vanity! have a great week!

Stitchfork said...

fresh and comfy too!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, So pretty and I love the toile. Great find!
CMD

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

That stool looks so much happier, Kathy. Nice job.

Cynthia said...

Kathy, love the toile!!

Cynthia

This N That said...

Nice job Kathy..Love the fabric..

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great stool Kathy...so wonderful meeting you at Haven!!!

Debbiedoos said...

Totally worth the 4 bucks Kathy! I love the fabric too. Glad you had a great time in Haven. I saw your pic on facebook:)

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Very cute. I love the fabric- I haven't ever seen that particular toile before, very pretty. :)

sweetvintageofmine said...

Perfect!! LOVE the french chest/dresser in the pic!!! Beautiful! ~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

Becca Bertotti said...

Love it, Kathy and LOVED meeting you at Haven ... what a fabulous surprise! Hope to see you again soon!

Good Time Charlie said...

Very cute! I love that color and I love Toile. Keep it!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

So pretty Kathy! I love that soft color in the toile fabric you used.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Kathy honey you have the best ideas. I do love this pretty redo. It is one I would love to do for my bathroom.
Thanks honey for coming by and leaving me such a sweet comment about my son's accident. I am just so grateful that he is ok and that my grand kids were not hurt too.
Hope you are well honey.
I love coming by to visit with you.
Love
Maggie

must love junk said...

So pretty! :)
Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...