Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas Decor ~ 2015



It’s been awhile since my last blog post, but I couldn’t end the year without sharing some of my Christmas decorations for this year.  I think this is the simplest I’ve ever decorated for Christmas.  It is one of my favorite seasons/holidays to decorate for and I usually go a bit overboard. 



I started out our decorations with a new artificial Christmas tree.  I went with something smaller and the coloring on the branches gives it a little bit of a frost-kissed look.



I have it sitting on one of those decorator tables with an additional large wood round (purchased at Lowe’s) and topped off with my tree skirt.



I totally copied Mary Englebreit’s mantel from The Cottage Journal magazine. 



From the Jingle banner to the Santa hats on the boy and girl busts.  Ms. Englebreit had many more busts on her mantel sporting Santa headgear, but I only have the two. Those hats are from holiday cat costumes, by the way!


 

I interspersed some of my carolers in between.




My little pick-up truck now holds a small bottlebrush tree.



I also picked up a small red VW beetle and tied another small bottlebrush tree to the top of that.  Can you tell that my 5-year-old granddaughter enjoys playing with them?



I also did a craft with that same granddaughter.  I found a gingerbread man template on Pinterest and, using that and paper grocery bags, cut out gingerbread man shapes for both of us to decorate.



I pulled some scrap trim, buttons, googly eyes, glue, a little fiberfil, and red pipe cleaners from my craft room for us to use on them.



Hers now hangs on her Christmas tree at home and I have mine hanging out by my cookbook in the kitchen.



A few other random decorations around the house.








Hopefully, I’ll have the new laptop, Blogger, and Live Writer issues sorted by the new year.  It has been very frustrating!
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

17 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Kathy - Loved seeing all of your vignettes. So festive.


Merry Christmas.

Judy

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Wonderful and festive, Kathy!

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you!

Hugs!



Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Very pretty. I love simple too. Merry Christmas. xoxo Su

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Merry Christmas, Kathy!!!

Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home} said...

I'm with you on the simple decorating this year. I have a ton of bins of decorations, etc. but I've used very little. Mainly just a few of my favorites and some things I've made/DIY this year. And some rustic natural elements thrown in. Love your new tree and those gingerbread characters are darling! I'm sure your granddaughter enjoyed making them with you! Have a great holiday! xoKathleen

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Everything is so pretty. Love your kitchen vignettes Merry Christmas

Junkchiccottage said...

Pretty, cute and festive Kathy. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Enjoy.
Kris

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

So happy to see your beautiful Chirstmas decor this year Kathy....loved the gingerbread man you created with your granddaughter....I hope you get all of your issues corrected so that we can enjoy your creativity!....May you have a most wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year Kathy!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Kathy! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Lovely decorations--especially the gingerbread girls!! How fun to do these things with our grandbabies!! I haven't been around much either, so it's nice to stop in and wish you all good things during this Christmas season and in 2016. ~Zuni

Blondie's Journal said...

Kathy,

It's so great to see you post. I've been struggling to stay afloat in the blogging world, too, and I was afraid I might have missed some of your posts.

Your tree is so pretty, I love the light touch of flocking. The mantel is so cute, too, I haven't had a chance to even look at the magazine!! I love Mary E. My daughter has a little truck like yours and I thing the Beetle is darling.

I can't believe your granddaughter is already five! Our Elsie is 9 months and what a personality she already has!

Merry Christmas you!

Jane x

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Kathy, your home is beautiful for the holidays.
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year. xo

Cynthia said...

Hi Kathy, you have been missed. It is tough during t he holidays, I am still posting the house and trying to stay involved with everyone's posts, not easy right now. Everything looks fabulous, love the bust with the Santa hat. Enjoy your family for Christmas and Merry Christmas.

Cindy

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Missed you! Your Christmas vignettes look so pretty..

Jane said...

I have been looking for a little truck to use for my Christmas decorations...where did you happen to find yours?

handmade by amalia said...

I like the charm and whimsy of your decorations, Kathy. A very happy holiday to you and yours.
Amalia
xo

Sonny G said...


love all your holiday decor.

You've been missed so I am tickled to see you post.

wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas~!!
Sonny

Okio B Designs said...

Looking very festive in your house. Love the little gingerbread folks.

xo, J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...