Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Favorite Projects Of 2015

I thought I'd take a look back at some of my favorite projects, that I've shared here on my blog, from 2015.

SONY DSC


In January ~ Winter and Valentine Vignettes.  It always looks so empty around my home after I've put the Christmas décor away, so bringing out the Valentine's Day decorations and keeping some Winter themed items around help.


Bringing in red accents is always nice in our home because the main décor is neutral.
SONY DSC

In February ~ we redecorated in our master bathroom.  We added a cabinet and framed out our large builder mirror.
[2015%252002%252022_5628_edited-1%255B9%255D.jpg]

SONY DSC
In March ~ getting in the mood for Spring and making a pillow cover for a friend. 
SONY DSC
In April ~ I had a good time sewing up needle books, for myself and to sell in my Etsy shop.
SONY DSC

In May ~ I was a little more productive.  I had wanted to makeover our knife block for a while and finally got around to it.
SONY DSC
I also made an Atelier sign for over my craft/sewing room door.

SONY DSC

In June ~ I did a quick makeover to a purchased burlap shade.

In July ~ I made a couple of sundresses for my granddaughter using pre-shirred fabric.

SONY DSC
In August ~ I made a grain sack cover for a lumbar pillow that I already had sitting on our living room sofa, using fabric I've had for a couple of years.


SONY DSC
In September ~ I welcomed a new granddaughter and decorated for Fall.

SONY DSC

I also marveled over the growth of one of my potted urns.
SONY DSC

In October ~ I repurposed part of a pair of jeans by making a pocket purse for my oldest granddaughter (5 years old).

2015 10 20_6450

In November ~ I didn't blog at all.  Sorry about that. 

In December ~ I shared my Christmas decorations, which were the simplest I have ever done.

Happy New Year!

Kathy




27 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Kathy - Great year! I love my little needle book I got from you. Here's hoping you have a blessed 2016!

Judy

Createology said...

Lovely to see your amazing projects from 2015. Blessings and Peace and Joy for 2016...

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

You had an amazing crafty year, Kathy! Well done! ♥

I wish for you many more awesome crafty projects in the coming new year!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Loving touring memory lane with you for 2015. Sometimes break are just what we need! Happy New Year to you and yours! May it be a blessed and healthy one..

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Beautiful, as always, Kathy. Have a Happy New Year!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Great recap, Kathy. I love what you did in the master bath. Have a happy and wonderful New Year!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

You always do so many fabulous crafts. Happy New Year

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

A good year for you, Kathy. I'm hoping 2016 will be just as creative & happy for you.
xoxo,
Lin

Michele Alger said...

Pinned a couple as I read this. Happy new year, blog friend! ;)

RuthAnne@ mayfairecottage said...

I enjoyed seeing your 2015 projects. Love your knife block makeover! Thanks for sharing your creativity! Happy New Year!

Blondie's Journal said...

You are so creative, Kathy...the smaller projects are so darn cute...love the denim purse, dress and knife block. And your master bath turned out awesome. I wish I had 1/10 of your talent!

Happy New Year!

Okio B Designs said...

Happy new year! A lot of these were my faves too. =)

J

Debbiedoos said...

Happy New Year Kathy! you sure had so darn cute projects. I always love your little vignettes. That bingo card is adorable!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Kathy you always create the most beautiful things and I'm sure the new Year will find you creating more lovelies.
I'm glad to see you back on your blog but I have to admit, I've not been blogging much. I hope to get back to it soon.

Happy New Year Sweet Friend.

hugs
Sissie

Junkchiccottage said...

Kathy,
Loved looking back at your creative year. Loved the post when you re loved your knife block. Hope you have many great and new creative ideas for 2016.
Kris

Ana said...

Looks like it was a great and very creative year for you Kathy! Here's to another great year.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Marie Blackburn said...

I remember all these awesome posts, Kathy. I especially remember the gorgeous fabric sewing books! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us in 2016. Happy New Year!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

You have so many creative talents, Kathy! Wishing you a wonderful, creative 2016!

Stacey said...

Happy New Year, Kathy. :)

It's fun looking back and looking forward. Can't wait to see what's to come!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Kathy, it was a great year for you and you shared lots of inspiration for wonderful projects. Wishing you all the best in 2016. xo

Stange and ich said...

Your decorations are really nice.
Happy New Year!!!!
best regards
Antje

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Kathy,
You where a busy gal in 2015...love your bathroom! Happy New Year!

Blessings,
Linda

handmade by amalia said...

I'm a bit behind with my blog reading, Kathy, but I finally made it. Wow. 2015 was a busy and productive year for you. Hope 2016 is another good one.
Amalia
xo

Becca said...

I love seeing a recap of your projects! You are always so creative and talented. I look forward to seeing what fun projects you do this year, too!

Lauren TheEndearingHome said...

Love all of your creative and beautiful projects Kathy! I just bought a cloche and really love how you created the sweet vignette with the scrabble letters.

Lauren TheEndearingHome said...

Love all of your creative and beautiful projects Kathy! I just bought a cloche and really love how you created the sweet vignette with the scrabble letters.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Kathy, I'm not getting notifications of your posts. So sorry I have missed some- Your year in review was great! You created some wonderful projects! Your urn was stunning and I adore the jean pocket purse for your Granddaughter. Your needle books are so cute too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...