While I was sewing the valances for the sunroom, I figured I might just as well recover the pillows in here since I was already sewing. We had gotten a small L-shaped sectional earlier in the year. It came with these two pillows.
Since I added the valances and they have red in them, the blue didn’t really work. So I unzipped the covers and just removed the insert. I was able to use some cut scraps for the pillows. I like the valance fabric with the fabric of the sectional better.
I kept those two pillows very simple, with no embellishment.
I had a small lumbar pillow that was starting to show its age, so I took the form out of the cover and made it a new one. This one I embellished with a ruffle made from the fabric I used to cover the buttons in the valance.
I think it’s a nice little way to tie in a secondary fabric, even though you really can’t notice it in the valances. This fabric picks up the color of the leaves in the floral fabric.
I think the ruffle fabric works well with the colors in the main fabric and gives a little added interest in between the two simple pillows.
It’s like I got three new pillows!
Linking up with
Fall Into Fall at DIY by Design
Air Your Laundry at Freckled Laundry
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch