Monday, September 2, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Fall Project & A Winner

2013 08 28_2273

I am sure that, like me, many of you also pin so many different projects you’d love to try on Pinterest, whether it is a craft, recipe or decorating.  I thought I’d actually go back through my different pins that made me say “I want to make that” and actually make them.  I thought I’d try a fairly easy one first and went to my “For The Home” board and picked this one.

Original Source: Seasons of Joy

I had this project in mind when I picked up this terracotta pot from an estate sale a few weeks ago.

2013 08 28_2257

I loved the coloring to it and the scallop on the edge.  Now I just needed a grapevine wreath and some greenery and berries.  I went to the dollar store for the wreath but they were out of them, so I took the one I got there last time, took the eggs off and used this one. 

2013 08 28_2258

I used the greenery that was already on there and picked up a few Fall floral bunches and some styrofoam at the dollar store.  I already had the wire ribbon for the bow.

2013 08 28_2260

I put the foam in the pot and cut a wire hanger to hold the wreath in place in the foam.  I started to fill in with the berry bunches and florals. There are a total of 5 bunches in here, some cut apart to use singly and others left as the bunch.

2013 08 28_2261

This obviously isn’t an exact copy of the inspiration, but I like to put my own spin on projects and use the inspiration picture for just that ~ inspiration.  I can always go back in and take some things out to make it a little simpler looking, like the inspiration picture.

2013 08 28_2265

I had a few different ribbons that I could have used for this project.  You can see from the picture above that this person used a pretty brown wired ribbon.  I had brown but decided to go with this orange plaid as it seemed more Fall-ish to me.

2013 08 28_2266

For about $7.00 {including the cost of the pot} I got a pretty Fall decoration that I can use indoors or out.  Mine will be sitting on our table outside our front door.  This is a partially covered area so I think it will be okay if it rains, but I expect I will bring it in the house if I need to so it doesn’t get destroyed.

SONY DSC

Have you made anything that you have pinned on Pinterest yet?  I’d like to try to make at least two projects a month from those ideas and inspirations I’ve pinned.

The winner {via random.org} of the Balsam Hill Wreath giveaway is Lucky #4, Susanne HefnerCongratulations Susanne!  I will be contacting you for your shipping information and choice of wreath.

Linking up with

Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Sizzle Into Summer at DIY by Design

Stylish Friday Finds at A Stylish Interior

Be Inspired at Common Ground

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

 

30 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

I think yours looks better than the ones on pinterest! Beautiful fall decor and best of all..inexpensive! Have a wonderful day today! Blessings~~~Roxie

vivian said...

LOVE your fall arrangement! so pretty! I just cant hardle wait to dig out all my halloween and fall bins! just one more week.. then I think I can get to them!
have a great day.
xoxo

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Congratulations to Susanne!

I love the way yours turned out! Beautiful. I agree with Roxie - I prefer yours.

Sonny G said...

thats Beautiful Kathy. love your rendition of the sample..

I might have to try one of these too:) please take it as a compliment that I adore what you create so much that I want one:)

xoxo
Sonny

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it, how pretty and such a great tutorial too. Great way to recreate a wreath. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love this! using the wreath as a topiary is such a pretty way to have a great flower arrangement! Love the Fall colors and ribbon!

Unknown said...

That is a lovely fall arrangement and a great price.

This N That said...

Congratulations Suzanne...Enjoy !!

Unknown said...

I love your beautiful arrangement. You are so very
talented. You have given me inspiration to make
one for myself......
Thank you so much for the give away.
I can't wait to receive my wreath.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WONDERFUL, Kathy- this looks amazing!

Lucky S. Hefner winning the wreath. She also just won my little vintage sugar bowl giveaway a few weeks ago- her stars must be in alignment!
YAY for her for sure! : - )

I haven't crafted in entirely too long, gotta do something about that soon....need to get with it!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Ooh, I like it, Kathy. I may have to "borrow" this idea from you, but in purple, of course. :)

Becca Bertotti said...

Kathy, that is beautiful! I love the ribbon you chose, too ... thanks for inspiring me! Look forward to seeing more of your Fall projects.

Heathahlee said...

Fall-ish! Exactly the word I was thinking! :) I'd love to do something like that for our porch.

See? I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! :D

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I love your pretty fall wreath centerpiece. Yes, I've saved lots of pins but never seem to get around to making them.
Love yours.

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

Kathy, this is lovely! You really turned this into a stunning floral piece! Love this idea!

Okio B Designs said...

Such a pretty piece for fall!

Jeanine

Debbiedoos said...

That is gorgeous! Really pretty Kathy. Congrats to the winner.

Unknown said...

That looks fabulous! You are so clever. That's it! I'm officially ready to get out my fall decor. Gotta do that this week.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

This turned out so pretty, Kathy! I am constantly redoing or reworking an existing something -- much more fun than always buying new stuff!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

How beautiful Kathy!!!!....and congrats to the winner!

Unknown said...

I like the new photo of you!
This post is inspiring me to decorate for fall!!
Thanks, its beautiful!

Maria said...

How pretty! The arrangement looks beautiful! :)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh Kathy your lovely creation has made my heart sing! I have long been searching for scalloped edged pots and I too would have snapped it right up. Love the fall floral. It's perfection!

Revi said...

Nice! I should take your cue and use a cute example from Pinterest. My floral arranging skills are sadly lacking!
-Revi

Krista Aasen said...

Oh I love your fall arrangement - great inspiration for me to start on some fall décor of my own!! I would be thrilled if you have the chance to share this at our new mega-party Work it Wednesday - it goes live tomorrow morning at 7am PST. Each link will be shown on 4 blogs! The Happy Housie, The Blissful Bee, The Turquoise Home, and My Place for Taste:) Work it Wednesday. Hope to see ya there!

- Krista @ the happy housie

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful!!--your floral urn makes such a pretty fall decoration, kathy:) tfs!

Tea in the Library said...

Project turned out great. I love the fullness. Think I like it better than the inspiration. Sure like the price!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful. I'm pinning:-)

Tammy N said...

This is so pretty. Can't believe it cost less than $10.

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

That turned out just beautiful! I can't wait for the fall! Life to the full! Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...