Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My 5 Goals For 2015

I’m ending 2014, and planning on starting 2015, on a positive note by setting some realistic and attainable goals for the new year.  I figure if I put them down here it will hold me accountable, and help me to refer back and see how much I have accomplished as I go through the year.

Gray can be colorful! Try these variations on the neutral here: http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/neutrals/neutral-paint-colors/?socsrc=bhgpin081214colorfulgraypaintcolors&page=3

Source: BH&G

1.  Choose Paint Colors

I’m going to keep this one simple and just get the paint colors chosen.  After being in our new home for three years now, we need to paint our master bedroom and bathroom.  We should do the living room, too, but since it is an open plan condo, that means painting the dining room, entry, and those little walls that are the small hall areas and entry.  So without putting any stress on us, I’m going to say the master bedroom and bathroom are the “must do’s” and if we get to the other this year, that will be a bonus.

10-Minute Tush-Toning Pilates Workout

Fitness Pictures from PopSugar

2.  Get Fit and Lose 10 Pounds

About a year after we moved to Ohio from New York, I gradually put on a little weight.  After living in a home with stairs, having a home gym, climbing three sets of stairs at work everyday, and working a full-time job, it was easy enough to  keep my weight in check.

Full Body Circuit Workout With Dumbbells | POPSUGAR Fitness.  Has a printable chart, too.

Here in Ohio, I don’t have any of that.  I have been looking for exercises I can do at home on Pinterest (you can see my Fitness Board here), as well as joining an Anytime Fitness, which is 5 minutes from our home.  On a nice day, I could even walk to it!  But, let’s pace ourselves ~ I will work up to that!  I’ve also signed up for daily emails from Popsugar Fitness that give me a variety of fitness topics from exercises to recipes to help motivate me.

From Walker to Runner: 8-Week Plan # dyenation

Most gyms offer a trial period and I took advantage of the one offered by Anytime Fitness.  In fact, if you liked them on Facebook, it went from a 7-day free trial to a 14-day free trial! This allowed me to see if I liked the gym and how often I might go, as well as find a time of day that was comfortable for me.

SONY DSC

3. Actually Making Things I Pin

I have started this already by hemming two pairs of jeans that were too long and I shared that post here.  I think I accomplished several of these Pinterest pinned projects during 2014, but there are so many more that I could have done, especially sewing projects.

Image Source: MoneyTalkNews.com

4.  Saving More,  Spending Less

My husband and I are at a point in our lives when we need to start concentrating more on our retirement years and making sure we are prepared for them.  For the past six months, I have been trying to be a bit more aware of what I am spending and have cut it down.

5.  Using What I’ve Got

This one works with #4 above.  Using what I already have can go a long way to saving some money.  I can embellish, update or repurpose some things to work better for us whether it is clothes, home décor accessories, or household items. Every year I say I have to use what I have in craft supplies and fabric before I bring new stuff in.   This year will be no different.

Those are some of my goals for this year.  I’ll be happy if I can stick to these 5, but if I can add others in as the year goes on, that will be a bonus!  How about you?  Any goals for the new year?  

24 comments:

Stacey said...

Your goals are similar to mine, Kathy. Last year I started Zumba in January and actually stuck with it!! I'm in love with it because it's fun and motivating. I would love to cook the foods I pin on Pinterest and definitely not eat out as much. The new year is a great time to reassess and try again. :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great goals. I need to do some of the same. Exercise and use what I have. Those would be two of mine.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I have similar goals for this new year! I'm thinking of gray for my living room and bedroom. The bedroom hasn't seen new paint in 10 years!
warmly,
deb

Sonny G said...


I love your list for the fact that these are Doable goals and they very well may reduce your stress level.

I sheduled my painting of the interior yesterday and am looking forward to it so much. I feel I gave this new home/ 1 year 2 months/ a fair shot at keeping the paint as it was but I have now decided I would prefer something else that will work with the design and colors I have in mind.
I'll be watcching as you post to see how things are coming along for you.
2015 is gonna be a great year for many of us- I can feel it:-)
good luck~!!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Sounds like some pretty good goals to have, and all very attainable! I need to start using what I have too! Have a great day!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wonderful resolutions and I relate to several of them.

I especially love the 'actually make things I pin' goal.
I have made some of my pinterest things, but TONS that I haven't, and I think I'm going to put a focus there also.

Happy New Year to you and best of luck on your goals for 2015.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, your plans are great ones and I try to do most of these too, but I did not make resolutions for them. LOL
I lost 10 pounds this fall so going into Christmas went okay eating a bit more then normal. Have fun going to the gym. I lift weights here at home and also work out on a stepper and use tension bands. It works for me while I am in the studio and while things are drying etc. I can get in my work out time. When the weather is nice I walk too.
Have fun painting your rooms and making those projects to save. That is a great plan we all can do!!
Happy New Year!!
Hugs

Okio B Designs said...

I'm with you on #4 and #5. Number 2, I've been avoiding but I definitely have to get back into shape too. If I could drop 15 pounds, I'd be back to my pre-kids weight. Sigh!

JEanine

Unknown said...

Those look like great and achievable goals. Mine are very similar, including using items and supplies we have already purchased to do some affordable improvements in our home (especially necessary with hubby recently starting a new job and big item maintenance projects last year.) I always find achievable goals so much better for me than general resolutions. I can chip away at them without feeling guilty or quitting. Wishing you success in your goals as well.

Createology said...

Yes your list pretty much fits me too. There are always things I can and should do to improve my daily life. Here's to a wonderful year in 2015...

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love all of the goals you have set for 2015....and I am with you on the using what you have goal!...

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That's a great list of goals. My main goal this year is to get healthy.

Judy said...

Great goals! I've been a little slow about actually WRITING mine down. I feel like I need to narrow them down and I am having a hard time deciding which ones make the cut.
BTW...do you have the name of the paint colors at the top of your post? They are so pretty.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I can relate to a couple of those!! Our house needs to be painted as well . . . but I don't see that happening this year LOL but ya never know!!!

Happy New Year!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These sound like great attainable goals for everyone!

farmhouse-story said...

great goals, kathy! i'm pretty sure my main goal is to finish remodeling our house:)

Laurel Stephens said...

I admire you for setting personal goals. We've been doing that as a couple our entire married life, and it's always served us well. I'm not so good at doing that for myself, though. You've inspired me today to give it a try. Thanks!

Sherry said...

Your goals are very close to the goals I have going through my head. Thanks for inspiring me to write them down and be reminded.

Ana said...

They all sound like great goals Kathy. Good idea to post about them for accountability...you are a brave lady...and also very inspiring.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

chateau chic said...

These sound like some very good practical goals, Kathy!
Mary Alice

Little Miss Maggie said...

These are all great goals, Kathy. I should put them on my list as well. Baby steps work well when trying to accomplish large tasks.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Kathy,

For most of my life when I did sales I always had a written plan for the year. I did it for a couple years after and have just started again...Painting the livingroom is on my plan to and weight loss never goes off my list lol!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Fantastic goals, Kathy! You've inspired me to write mine down too! Thanks for sharing your goals. Weight loss and a master bedroom update is on my list too.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

There are fitness videos on youtube that you could do as well. This is our year to save more spend less as well. As a matter of fact we're going to do a No-spend month in February (figured it's the shortest month).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...