Friday, April 12, 2013

Treasure Hunting

The Monday after Easter, I hit three thrift stores!  I was very happy that my bladder decided to cooperate and I took advantage of that wondrous event.   I found goodies at each place, too.  Some of the things I’m keeping for myself and some will be going into my booth.  First up was Salvation Army.  I think I found the most things here.

SONY DSC

This little corner shelf will be getting painted and will be used for display in the booth.  I also love the little pitcher and saucer set.  Love the gold around the rims.

2013 04 01_0917

All the wood pieces {box, “teddy” round, and tray} will be getting makeovers.  I found a couple of frames. The ornate one will be getting painted.

2013 04 01_0920

These hunt pictures were a nice find.  The one to the right is not faded, it is just the way the sun was hitting it. I wish I actually had somewhere to use these, but they will be going to the booth.

2013 04 01_0918

Not far down the road is Goodwill.  I did pretty good here, too. 

2013 04 01_0922

I found this really pretty jewelry box. 

2013 04 01_0925

Love the French image on the top. 

2013 04 01_0926

I envisioned this lantern made over for my outdoor table.  I’ve already stripped the greenery and the fake rope handle.

2013 04 01_0923

This cute little white teacup and saucer is actually attached.  This will make a nice addition to my whites cabinet in the kitchen.

2013 04 01_0924

The third store was along the same road and benefits hospice.  They have some great things and prices vary. 

SONY DSC

The best thing was this table I saw as soon as I walked in.  For $14.99 it was coming with me!

SONY DSC

I loved this French musician with his lute. He’s going to the booth though.

SONY DSC

This unassuming teacup had a lovely surprise inside.

SONY DSC                       SONY DSC

This shelf sconce is headed to the booth, too.

2013 04 01_0914

The cook bunny and silver tray {shown on the table above} I am keeping.  Not bad for an hour or so of thrifting!

 

27 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

can i come hunting w u!!! what amazing finds!!! I love the corner shelf and that table is fabulous
hugs

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Great finds Kathy! You will have your booth filled up in no time.

hugs
Sissie

Okio B Designs said...

You did awesome! I haven't had much luck lately so I'm soooooo jealous! There is an estate sale today in Farmingdale but the weather is pretty gross here this morning. =(

Jeanine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You found so many fabulous things. I love them all. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Perfect finds for your booth. What great deals too!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Sweet finds Miss K! Can't wait to see the transformation!

xoRebecca

Cynthia said...

Such great finds, love them all but that silver frame is going to look great painted it is ornate.

Cynthia

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kathy...your booth is certainly starting off great with all the incredible finds...I just know you are having so much fun with this....Have a great weekend!!!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Great for an hour! Funny, that picture in the oval gold frame is exactly like one I got at Goodwill and used for a chalkboard a few years ago!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
WOW I'd say you sure found some great finds for you and the booth. Time well spent. Have funa and a great weekend.
Hugs, CM

This N That said...

Wow..What great treasures you found..Love the table and the white cup and saucer..Good hunting...

Botanic Bleu said...

That $14.99 table was a real find. Are you painting it? Good day for shopping.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

You've made some great purchases, Kathy. Can't wait to see all the goodies in your space. Wish I lived closer! :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Great finds, Kathy! What a deal on the table for $14.99.
xx,
Sherry

Laura said...

such great finds! can't wait to see what you do with the trays. love the French jewelry box! You're so lucky to have a booth- wish I could find a place to have one. . .it would justify all my thrifting!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WELL DONE, lady!

What wonderful treasures!!

You know that teacup with its attached saucer would be an awesome candle if you felt like pouring your own!

Have a wonderful weekend!

NanaDiana said...

Wow-What great finds, Kathy. They are just amazing. Isn't it funny that sometimes you can go and not find anything and then the next time you have more than you can stand- xo Diana

Unknown said...

Looks like some great finds for your booth.
Thanks for stopping by my tussie mussie post.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Michele

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

You sure had yourself some fun there! Great finds, all of them. It'll be fun to see what some of them become under your creative touch.
Liz

20 North Ora said...

Love the table you got and that you are keeping. That is a precious piece of furniture. Love it. You got some neat things.

Judy

Lorraine said...

Kathy you scored some fabulous finds!! It must be nice to have a booth, staging it must be so fun! Thanks for your visit to my blog. Have a great weekend!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Little Miss Maggie said...

Great finds, Kathy. I love your hunt scene prints. They are totally my style too. Can't you paint the frames and fit them in with your décor? They are wonderful.

Becca Bertotti said...

You've got a great eye for finding treasures! I look forward to seeing how you transform a few of the pieces before being sold quickly at your booth!!

must love junk said...

Great finds! That table was a steal !
Susan

chateau chic said...

So many wonderful finds, Kathy! Sounds like a productive outing.
Mary Alice

Debbiedoos said...

Yes, girl you scored big time. That table would have spoken to me too for that price. It is soooo pretty Kathy!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Oh my gosh! I have that little jewelry box! I've had it ever since I was a little girl. Mine doesn't look as nice as yours since it's so old. That's too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...