Tuesday, January 12, 2016

First Snow & Valentine Vignette


We woke up to our first real snow of the season this morning. 


Just enough to be an inconvenience for those traveling during rush hour.  And it will be nice and frozen for the trip home in the evening.


Since I stayed home, I took the opportunity to put all the Christmas bins back up in the attic. I also decided to put together a little Valentine's Day vignette on the coffee table.


I just pulled some red books from our book shelves and added in a few other little things.

 
I need to pour over some of my decorating books for some other vignette ideas.


I've still got some empty spaces that need something and I'd like to do something different from what I had before the holidays.  Do you put everything back the way you had it before the holidays or do you take this time to come up with something different?

Kathy



16 comments:

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

So simple so cute.....I can't believe you already have Valentine's done already! I feel so good Christmas is put away and I'm working on winter vignettes. We got hit with snow too and it's great to stay inside.

Consider It All Joy said...

Love your little Valentine Vignette, Kathy! I spent last weekend shopping my house to revive and freshen up my LV after the Christmas d├ęcor was put away. I love to change things up. Enjoy your snow! Blessings, Cindy

Sonny G said...

that looks so pretty,, Kathy..

I love the vignette on your coffee table.

Stacey said...

Kathy, that snow would be enough to shut down Dallas!! I'd love it too.

Your Valentine craft is so cute. Pinned.

Penny @ The Comforts of Home said...

Your Valentine vignette is wonderful! Love the idea of stacking the red books. Enjoy the snow!

Junkchiccottage said...

Very cute Kathy. Love your valentines day vignette.
Kris

JP said...

Your vignette is sweet, Kathy....love the snow pics, don't miss it though!
JP

Okio B Designs said...

Very sweet vignette. I can't believe you got snow already. Nothing here yet but bitterly cold. =(

Jeanine

Blondie's Journal said...

Gorgeous snow pics! We've had a bit but mostly frigid temps.

I love the scrabble letters! Everything looks very fun and romantic! I have very few things for Valentine's Day. I have a sort of lull before Easter. I'll have to have a look in my storage---it's never too soon,right?

Jane xx

Sherry said...

I have empty tabletops and shelves after putting my decorations away. I want to do something different but have not yet been inspired, I have of tub of things sitting in my dining room waiting to be put back, or not. I love your vignette and I think I just need to get to it and do something for Valentine's Day.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your vignette is charming! Looks cold there, too! I tend to change things up every season, so things never quite go back the way they were before!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Loving your Valentine decor and the first snow is always a pretty sight!

handmade by amalia said...

That is one sweet vignette, Kathy. Happy Tuesday!
Amalia
xo

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Your Valentine decorations are so pretty! I love the pops of red with your decor. The silver tray provides such a nice anchor for your vignette!

Melanie's Cottage said...

Very pretty!

Createology said...

Lovely Valentine Vignette. Happy Hearts Dear...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...