Sunday, October 17, 2010

Halloween Around My House

Too many pictures for words.  I think I’ve noted where I purchased things, in the event anyone is interested. 
IMG_8263_4661
 Spell books from Amazon.
IMG_8248_4650
 IMG_8249_4651
 IMG_8250_4652  IMG_8251_4653
 Bag of little plastic skulls from Dollar Tree.
IMG_8255_4655
The spell books are printed as if the pages are aged and notes have been made in them.  What looks like handwriting {below} comes in the book that way.
IMG_8257_4657
 IMG_8265_4663
Decorating in the kitchen, because it can get pretty scary in here even when it’s not Halloween!  Eat my food at your own risk!
IMG_8306_4797
A dollar store tray with a dollar store wood oval painted with chalkboard paint.  I used these at my daughter’s Mad Hatter Tea Party Baby Shower, too.
IMG_8311_4800
I can’t remember if I got the candy corn towel set from Target or the dollar store.
IMG_8315_4801
My new outdoor lights are going up as I type this. I got the Halloween stake at Michael’s last year {on clearance} a week before Halloween for 40% off.  The monogram flag I just got from Hobby Lobby online with a 40% off coupon.
IMG_8319_4804
I like the flag tucked in this Lantana that I tried for the first time this year.  I know it is used in Florida, but it just took off for me here with the heat and humidity we had this year.  If I knew it was going to get this huge I would have bought more, first off, and second, I wouldn’t have put it right by the door.   I will definitely buy this plant again.
IMG_8323_4808
I know.  That picture and what I said above has nothing whatsoever to do with Halloween decor.  I just wanted to show it off.
IMG_8324_4809
The witches hat below I just stuck on the lamp.  I found that in Target’s dollar section.
IMG_8382_4794
I also found this plastic skull at Target.  I’m thinking of cloche-ing him.  He’s probably the scariest thing I have in my house right now {except for hubby, when I tell him I’d like to work part-time now. Please}.
IMG_8386_4796
 A beautiful witches hat ordered from Sara at Sara’s Sweet Surprise.  The detail is just gorgeous and I love it! 
IMG_8479_4824
IMG_8490_4826
That’s all for my Halloween decor!   

Linking up to Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Friday.

11 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love those spell books - how cool! I have to take some photos of our goodies. I bought one of dad's pumpkins yesterday from the craft fair!

J

Jane said...

Great Halloween decor! I think the spell books are cool too - haven't seen anything like them.
Jane

LouLou said...

Kathy, i LOVE those books! I've gotten so lazy about seasonal decor... i have a pumpkin on my table with some pinecones. Pretty boring stuff.

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Kathy, I love all of your Halloween decor. I too love the spell books! Good luck telling your hubby you want to work part time... hugs~~~ Daphne

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Hmmm, I tried leaving a comment and it said service not available, so I'll try again just in case!!

Your house is looking spooktacular!! I'll get your package out to you tomorrow (Monday)
xxoo

the cape on the corner said...

that hat is awesome, and i love the vignette that's with it!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hey Kathy,
I just might have to get me some of those spell books. Have you cast any spells yet? LOL!

Your home looks great for Halloween.

hugs
Sissie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your "Spell" books. How cute are they. Your decor is perfect. Not too spooky. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Kathy, the sign is too adorable! Love the silver tray! I'd come trick or treatin if I were close enough!

Have a lovely week ahead!

Cheers!
Tina

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kathy...

Well my friend, it looks like you are definitely ready for halloween! I really enjoyed looking through all of your seasonal decorating! Love the pretty "BOO" silver tray! I have been wanting to make a chalkboard silver tray for sometime now...and haven't done it yet! Thank you for sharing all of your pretties...so fun and festive!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Debbiedoos said...

It all looks so cute Kathie....I love the tray!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...