Monday, October 11, 2010

Make Your Own Easy Halloween Decor

I have another quickie project you can do for some Halloween decor.  I just bought some frames at Target that were on clearance.  These plain and ugly purple-y ones.  The good thing is they are wood and my intention is to spray paint them at some point.  I got a couple of 5x7’s, a 4x6 and a few 3 1/2x5’s. 

IMG_8394_4771At the moment, they will work for this purpose.  I went to my Pictures folder and online to see what images for Halloween I had saved.  The Graphics Fairy is a good site to look through and she does have a “Halloween” section.  I also Googled “vintage Halloween images” and that is where I got just about all of these from.

IMG_8391_4769

Love this little girl one!  It looks like an ME design; it didn’t say so, but it could be.   I printed the image on my photo paper and cut it out.  It was just shy of the size to fit in the 5x7 frame, so I grabbed a scrap piece of my favorite harlequin wrapping paper and used that as a background.

IMG_8398_4774

IMG_8405_4778I actually like her in the purple frame!  This girl’s tutu reminds me of . . .

IMG_8154_4524Right, because every grandmother dresses her granddaughter up in a Halloween outfit once the Mommy leaves!  The tutu was on clearance at Baby Gap ~ I couldn’t resist!

I also already had a variety set of postcards that I got from Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist.  Coincidentally, the perfect fit for the natural wood 4x6 frame.  I chose this witch silhouette to frame and how much easier can Halloween decor get than that!

IMG_8418_4782I might pop the postcard out and just do a spray of black paint on this frame, though.  The natural-ness is not really doing anything for me.    Through my Google search, I also found these antique images that I printed out in a 3 1/2x5 size for the white frames.

IMG_8430_4791

IMG_8429_4790Again, just simply cutting them out and putting them in the frames.  A nice small size for tucking into little areas or placing on accent tables. I also found this raven that was kind of an odd size and I still have to find something for him.

IMG_8434_4792 Above the raven it says, “Quothe The Raven, “Nevermore”.”   Love that!  How perfect for Halloween, too! 

Here they are all together.

IMG_8422_4785

These quickie posts are working well for me so far while I am having a busy October.  I hope to be posting more frequently by the end of the month, but meanwhile, I hope you enjoy some of these “quickies”.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, your framed projects are really great, but "Baby in Halloween Tutu" ... totally priceless! She is so darling!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

cute idea Kathy!...love old Halloween postcards!
Have a great day!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
What a cute idea! I just love the images.

But what I love most of all is your precious Granddaughter in her tutu.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

hugs
Sissie

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

These are all really cute. But that real live baby in the orange tutu is way too cute! I'll bet your are just eating her up!! She is darling!

One Cheap B*tch said...

Adorable - every single one of them but not as adorable as little E! =)

xo, J

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable!! I just love tutu's. Why is it wrong for an adult to wear one? hehe

Scrap for Joy said...

Your framed images cme out so cute....but not as cute as the little pumpkin in the tutu...grandchildren are the best!
Have a great week Kathy!
Joyce

Sonny G said...

Oh Kathy, what great ideas you have shared.. Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

i love the harlequin one! of course. lol

Pamela said...

Those are super cute Kathy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...