Tuesday, November 23, 2010

$10.00 Well Spent


Most of my trips to Goodwill are spur of the moment or decided quickly the night before and this trip was no different.  It was my intention to look for picture frames this trip, as I couldn't find a specific size for a decent price at Michaels.  I wanted to do white frames for a project and figured worst case I'd have to paint some ugly old wood frames.  I lucked out with a sign on the door that said "red and yellow tags 50% off today".  


 I found my frames!  And they are already white!  Notice the yellow sticker?  50% off $7.99 {each}.  They just need a little touch up in small spots, but I have white craft paint for that. 

Tip: Invest in one of those little key chain tape measures.  I have one in my pocketbook all the time and whipped it out to check the measurement on these frames to make sure they were the size I needed.


This decorative pot {$.99 after 50% off} ~ good as a pencil holder, make-up brush holder or maybe even making a topiary for it.

These two books, which I really bought for their looks, but I don't mind having another dictionary around.

This reader has such a great color on the cover.   {Red tag - $.99}.


Yellow tag on the dictionary for a take home price of $.99.

I am glad that I found the frames that I originally went in there for; everything else was just a bonus and it all cost me about $10.00!


14 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Great finds, Kathy! I need to go down to Goodwill. Haven't been now in several weeks.

I carry one of those measuring tapes in my purse AND I carry a doll hand, a trick I learned when looking for in scale fabric for my dolls :)

I'm all prepared for Let's Make A Deal!!

xxoo

DanielleisNesting said...

I love scoring a deal!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Wonderful finds Kathy! I never leave home without my mini tape measure.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kathy, Great finds and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your new frames.
Have a fabulous Thanksgiving.
xo,
Sherry

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Fun finds!! I love those old books. So cool!

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy!

xoxo
Jen

Anonymous said...

Great finds Kathy! I love finding picture frames. You could always use them.

Kathy

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Nice purchases!!

One Cheap B*tch said...

Definitely money well spent! I'm off to my GW after work today!

Jeanine

Unknown said...

Such a fun post Kathy! I always say Goodwill "calls" to me when it has something that must go home with me. I hadn't thought of repurposing frames found there or how to use them for images not quite large enough. Thanks for those tips! I hope you have a very lovely Thanksgiving holiday with your family! Elizabeth

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Lucky Girl!! Love these! The frames are great and I love the books! I am always looking for hardback books in good colors!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Lou Cinda :)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Again, great finds! I just don't get by the thrift store often enough! Can't wait to see what you create with your finds!

Sonny G said...

Love that decorative pot.. ~!! great finds as always.. I need to make a goodwill trip myself..

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, sweetie..

Sonny

Anonymous said...

I love it when you hit the right place on the right day! Great finds. I always carry a tape measure with me too - you just never know when you're going to need it. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathy!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I love the books! What great finds.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...