Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Mantel ~ Great Room

IMG_9365

I’m still working on both my mantels, but wanted to participate in the mantel linky at Layla’s for the Holiday Home Linky Party.  I need to get some green filler picks for this one, as well as to just slip into other areas around the house.  This is the fireplace in our great room.  A couple of things I did different this year was getting some battery lights and I put two in these glass hurricanes with some ornaments.

IMG_9366

I’ve been playing around with the other ornaments to hide the battery pack at the base of the hurricanes.  I also covered up all my candles with Christmas scrapbook paper.

IMG_9368

I put my carolers here, but I’m not sure they will be staying.  I love them and will try to use them somewhere else, but I’m looking for more fun and whimsy here. 

IMG_9369

My little topiaries just have a bit of burgundy satin ribbon wrapped around the pots.   I’m thinking of trying the ribbon that I used on the feather boa wreath.

IMG_9373

 

IMG_9374

This year I took the fabric covered wreath that I showed back in the Spring/Summer and recovered it with some white feather boas that were originally purchased as a garland for my tree several years ago.  I got this fun colored wire ribbon at Michaels a couple of weeks ago. 

IMG_9379

 

IMG_9381

 I love all these colors together!

IMG_9422

 IMG_9423

Some greenery and the Christmas stockings need to be put in place here {as soon as I can find the bin with the stocking holders}!  

Linking up with:

Layla’s Mantel Party at The Lettered Cottage


27 comments:

DanielleisNesting said...

Loving the feather boa wreath!

Debra from Bungalow said...

I love that wreath too. The colors you've used really look pretty together!

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments!

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

I am so in love with the feather boa wreaths I have been seeing. Yours is no exception!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Kathy, I'm just loving your Christmas decor, I will have to say that the white wreath is my favorite!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Unknown said...

no cursing going on here! haha. I try and remind myself, I'm not blogging with intent to get a lot of followers. But, it makes me feel so good to know I have people out there to inspire!

Vanessa said...

Hi Kathy! I love your topiaries and just think the whole mantel is so fun and festive. Great job!
Vanessa

Becca Bertotti said...

So, so pretty, Kathy! I love your mantel ... the feather wreath is fab! And, the carolers are so festive. The hurricanes filled with ornaments are such a beautiful, colorful touch, too (great idea adding the lights)! (And, THANK YOU for your sweet note about my Christmas mantel ... I really appreciate it!) Hugs, Becca

The Tuscan Home said...

Kathy....very pretty! I love your wreath, well done! Xo ~Liz

Kim said...

Your mantle looks beautiful Kathy. I always get such great inspiration from your blog.
xoxo,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, Your mantel looks so pretty!I love your topiaries.

Kathy

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
It's beginning to look alot like Christmas around your house. It's lovely.

hugs
Sissie

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty mantel, Kathy! You have a lot of sweet touches! :-)

XO,
Jane

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Pretty Kathy! I love the boa wreath!

Blue Creek Home said...

I love using lights in clear containers with other things thrown in. I need to do that somewhere here.
Like everyone else...I love the wreath!
Rhonda

Rebecca said...

I was working on my mantle tonite-yours looks great!

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Kathy-

When I saw the colorful ornaments in the glass hurricanes - I smiled as they reminded me of you. Then I smiled again at the end of your post where you have a close up of the ornaments and stated you just love the colors together. Those colors are definitly - you.
I bet the mantel looks really pretty at night when it is lit up.
My best- Diane

Diann @ TTG said...

Am with the otheres...LOVE your boa wreath! I must steal this idea! LOL Everything is looking great!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

How sweet! Lovin that wreath!

Jane said...

What stood out for me was the great use of so many different colors....it really makes for a fun and festive mantel.
Jane

Sonny G said...

Now this is a festive Mantle.~! love the wreath you choose.. Santa's are a favorite of mine too so, of course this looks gorgeous to me:)

Holiday Hugs
Sonny

One Cheap B*tch said...

I have to agree with everyone - loving the feather boa wreath!

Jeanine

Kristen said...

Love all the jewel tones - your mantle is so festive and fun!

Jen said...

Very pretty..love the wreath & the tree!

Donene said...

Your mantle is beautiful! Thanks for your nice comments!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the white boa covered wreath. Really draws the eye up. I bet it looks really pretty at night when the lights are on. Thanks for coming by.

Content in a Cottage said...

Kathy...You are WAY ahead of me. It really looks like Christmas already at your house. I'll get there eventually.
Rosemary

Lettered Cottage said...

Girl, you KNOW I love those topiaries!!! :-)
Everything looks absolutely festive and fun-thank you so much for linking up!

Layla :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...