Monday, February 7, 2011

The Long {Long} Hallway

I have a long hallway in my house {about 17 feet long} that connects the original house with an addition we put on many years ago.  We stole some space from the original den to make this hallway.  Here is how it looked about two years ago, before we got the house ready to go on the market.

2009 04 25_0682

2009 04 25_0683

I had a family picture gallery here, which was really the perfect spot to do something like this.  With getting the house ready, I removed all these pictures {and we painted the walls}.  Then it looked like this.  For over a year.

DSC00497_0216

I had this series of egg prints that were originally in my entry foyer and feeling that this long hallway needs something to entice people to walk through it {and to show a prospective buyer what you could put here}, I decided to hang them here.   There is no natural light here, so bear with me.

DSC00498_0217

DSC00499_0218

DSC00500_0219

Using the areas where the lights hit the wall, I hung my pictures.  Now it looks like this.

DSC00502_0221

So I get to enjoy my egg prints again and it fills this area nicely.

Kathy

21 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Great transformation Kathy! I have those same prints and I love them.

hugs
Sissie

Gail said...

Oh Kathy that looks great! I love the egg prints. Congrats on being a guest artist in the Whimsical Musings Magazine.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

It looks awesome, Kathy!! What a difference!!!

xxoo

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Kathy,
Oh, what a beautiful transformation, Kathy!!! I love the egg prints.
I hope you're having a great Monday--and so happy you came to see the feature--I love the lamp re-do too!!!!
XO

EMBELLISH said...

The prints look terrific!

Love the Decor! said...

What fun prints Kathy!!

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Great transformation for the hallway...the prints lead the eye down the hallway and eats up some of the length. Looks fab!!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Kathy, LOVE those egg prints and they look fabulous going down the hallway!

Lou Cinda

One Cheap B*tch said...

The prints look perfect there! So funny how I never realized there was no natural light in the hallway. What planet have I been on?! =)

Jeanine

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Kathy! Wow! Looks great. I just love egg prints like those. Hanging them along that hallway showcases them almost as if they're in a gallery. Gives me an idea for my upstairs hall ;o)

Anonymous said...

Love how much depth the egg pictures add to the hallway!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I love it! And how smart to use the lights as gallery lights!

LuLu Kellogg said...

This looks very inviting! Great makeover Kathy!

K&B by the Sea said...

You're hallway definitely looks inviting - the pictures really make you want to keep going and see what's next on the wall :-)

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Love the color on the wall and ceiling. Love the pictures and the placement of them. It looks like an art gallery. Beautiful!

cindy @stitches

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Very clever, Kathy, using the lights the way you did! It really does give the hall an art gallery effect!

Sonny G said...

Love those prints and how you arranged them Kathy...
I learn so much from you..

thanks so much for visiting me and leaving such sweet words..

hugs
Sonny

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a great transformation. I love the egg prints, great to have them out to showcase them. Thank you for swinging by the benched vignette..hugs ~lynne~

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Very CREATIVE and perfect for staging!
LOVE these!!!
You smart lady!

Sandra said...

Very nice, Kathy! I love how the prints look along the hallway. :)
Sandra

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Me again! lol Where did you find the egg prints? I have been looking for some and I love these!

Lou Cinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...