Monday, February 21, 2011

Pillows!

I’m happy that I did get to do a few pillows this weekend.  One of my favorites is the Alice in
Wonderland print fabric.  I just put it on my desk chair for pictures.  This pillow is 14 inches.

DSC00571_0287

I wanted to use something with it and found that I had this onion fringe with similar colors.

DSC00572_0288

I think it came out cute and I may even have enough fabric left over to make little cushions for that child’s table and chairs set that I got for free a few months ago.

DSC00575_0291

Pillow number 2 was the Alice in Wonderland text and my pillow form was a bit bigger at 20 inches.  I wanted to add something to this pillow, too, so I found some extra fabric that I already had, with a color that worked, and made a ruffle out of it.

DSC00576_0292

It is pictured here with the Alice print pillow.

DSC00577_0293

You can see some of the text a bit clearer in these close up shots.

DSC00581_0297

I put it on my sofa so you could see just how big it is ~ almost the size of the back pillows that go with my sofa!

DSC00587_0303

I only got as far as cutting the French Country Rooster fabric and picking out a possible trim.  Everything got put to the side when I had an opportunity for a visit with the granddaughter today. 

I’ll be cleaning up the house this week after work to get the house ready to go on the market.  Our goal is the end of this month and, of course, it’s almost here!

Kathy

16 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

They turned out great, Kathy!!!

Selling and buying a house is so stressful but exciting too! I hope it all goes smoothgly for you!!

xxoo

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy!
Your pillows turned out nice. I love the fabrics.
We are thinking of putting our house back on the market but just not sure.

I wish you luck with yours.

hugs
Sissie

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, they turned out great! Isn't it funny how everything seems to stop for those grandbabies.

Enjoy your evening,
Gail

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Kathy,
They look lovely! I love the trim you used around the Alice print pillow. I am excited to see the french country rooster ones you make!

Oh Well, I would have to say that Granddaughter trumps pillow making any day!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

What a great job you've done on those little pillows.... or, should I say BIG! I've never seen the Alice in Wonderland print.... It's awfully cute, isn't it? I go to the fabric store OFTEN, but rarely look at fabrics.... I have enough to sew until the day I die....and then some.

We downsized about eight years ago.. What a big job...and the garage?..... Oh my....still haven't gotten a car inside. That's on my list for this summer.

Have a great day!

Huggies,
Spencer

One Cheap B*tch said...

They turned out so pretty! Love that patterns!

Jeanine

KimMalk said...

What pretty fabrics, Kathy. I love your onion fringe, too. Good luck with your house, I'm positive it will show well.

Jane said...

You have been busy! The pillows are beautiful! It was fun to see the fabrics turned into gorgeous pillows!
Jane

Heathahlee said...

Such cute pillows, Kathy! Love that fringe! ; )

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, Your pillows turned out beautiful.

Kathy

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh honey, I adore the fabric especially the subtle print. It all just turned out beautifully.

Good luck on turnin' the house.

God bless ya and have a fantastic day sweetie!!!

Allyson Pecilunas said...

I just found your blog from Melissa's page. Those pillows are so cute! Good luck on the house. Come check me out if you get a chance.

noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your pillows are so cute. I haven't seen fabric like that. You did a great job.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Love your new pillows, Kathy! They turned out great. I especially love the trim around the A in W print. Perfect!

I'm also loving that black and white print pillow in the last photo. Love that fabric!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love,love, love them! You are on a roll and I am playing catch up!

Can't wait to see the rooster pillow!

Lou Cinda

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the Alice print pillow!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...