Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blog Posts Not Coming Up & Comments

Since yesterday, January 11th, I have noticed an issue when I click on certain individual blog posts in my dashboard.  It starts to come up and then I just get a white screen.  This means I can’t leave comments.

I checked out Blogger’s help section and found other people were having the same issue and here is what I found today:

“I am wondering if this isn't related to the fact that a post page and an embedded comment are on the same page and threaded comments on embedded comments was rolled out today.”

And this:

“Are you using the embedded comments system for comments? If you are then the problems are due to the change to the new (as of yesterday) threaded comments system. If you want to avoid these you can change your comments system to pop-up or full-page.system until the problem is sorted out.”

I just changed my blog to have the pop up box for comments rather than having the comments embedded on the same page, as that is suggested as the fix.  It apparently does not happen on all computers {browsers}.  So, if you haven’t seen me comment on your blog recently, and you have your comments entered on the same page as your blog post {embedded}, this is probably why.

I like being able to leave a comment on the same page as a blog post myself, because it allows me to scroll back up and comment on something that I may have forgotten while writing my comment.  I hope that this feature is not lost to us forever now.

Kathy

21 comments:

Sonny G said...

I also had folks write me to say they couldnt comment. I'll try changing mine over also..
thanks for the information Kathy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Thanks for the info. I have been having the same problem on several blogs and couldn't post either. I appreciate an answer. I will look and see what I have going on. Hugs, Marty

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I have had the same problem on several blogs. I thought it was something that had happened after my computer crashed. I'm not very computer savvy so I don't know exactly how my comments are directed. UGH- I hate when they keep changing things. xo Diana

Homeroad said...

Not sure if you were talking to me Kathy...but I changed it to pop-up and I hope you can comment now :)... I did notice there were less comments in the past couple of days.
Thanks for the help...
Leave me a comment and see if it works LOL
Susan

Sue said...

I like pop-up box becuz I can minimize it and still see the blog post w/out scrolling up a long list of comments above me. Technology-isn't it grand? LOL.
the car is fixed and it just needed a lube to the 4WD. Off to get it now!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I've had it happen on just one blog this morning and she changed her comment page to a pop up and then I could get in.

K&B by the Sea said...

I also heard that Google is getting rid of the Friend Connect that a lot of us have on our sidebars. I guess the up side to that is that people like me who don't have a lot of followers won't feel unloved anymore ;-)

Okio B Designs said...

That fixed it! Yay! Okay so love the new fabric you got and love the little heart pillows you made a few days ago. =)

J

Glenda/MidSouth said...

First - Thanks for stopping by and your nice comment.
I have the pop up for comments and had thought about changing to the embedded a while back - glad I did not now. Thanks for the information.
Glenda

thistlewoodfarm said...

Kathy,
I got through! I tried five times to comment on your post and it wouldn't post! Problem solved!
blessings,
karianne

Debby said...

I was having all kinds of problems today. I was getting quite upset. Then I decided to check the phone.....no phone. When I left the house the cable guys were working on the lines.....so that's my problem.
But I did have the same thing happen......if I clicked on the blog title instead of the title of the post I could get it. As far as comments.......I don't know if that was because of the cable being repaired or as you mentioned.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Gosh, I've been getting the white screen on a whole bunch of blogs today. I can see a post in google reader, but when I try to open it I just get the white screen. I was just wondering what was gong on and thought it was my computer!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am sorry I cannot lend a hand in this as I have Wordpress. Could it be the phasing out of Google Friend Connect issue..just a thought...

KimMalk said...

I don't know what Blogger's been doing, but my numbered comments have disappeared. That is so frustrating when you're having a giveaway :/.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Thanks so much for your visit and the good information! It's been driving a lot of us crazy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kathy. I've had bloggers tell me they couldn't comment. Thanks you for the fix!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh thanks! Maybe this is why I've been getting so many emails that my blog posts were disappearing! I changed everything I could think of. But didn't know about this.
Brenda

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I've seen people mention this problem on other blogs. I don't know why blogger all of a sudden has issues with things that never used to be a problem!

Our Hopeful Home said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU CHANGED TO POP-UP COMMENTS! I have not been able to comment on SO MANY blogs for MONTHS unless their comments are in a pop-up window as opposed to embedded below the post. I'm sorry you've had problems but I'm not sorry you changed so that I can now comment on your blog! YAY!

Kathleen

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Kathy,
Thanks so much for the e-mail...I can't begin to tell you how this has made my day...that problem had been driving me crazy...I have pop=up now and al is good:) Is google friend connect really going away? What's up with that?

Blessings,
Linda

Pamela said...

I will have to go and look! Thanx for the heads up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...