Thursday, January 5, 2012

Creating Free Art Work

Stop! Wait!  Did you throw out your 2011 calendar yet?  The one with the images you loved and that’s why you bought it?  If you’re like me you buy your calendars keeping those images in mind.  After all, you are looking at them every day for a month.  My 2011 calendar was this one.

DSC04616_3838

I had these frames that I had painted before we moved and posted about here.

DSC04615_3837

Using the mat that came with them, I placed it over each image to see, first, if they would fit and, second, to see what part of the images I wanted to frame.

DSC04621_3843

DSC04622_3844

DSC04623_3845

Now I’ve got three new framed prints that cost me absolutely nothing, nada, zero, to fill a blank wall in our entry.  The great thing is that I can change them out again easily this time next year.

DSC04629_3851

I can’t wait to get my hands on my 2012 Cavellini calendar and use these images!  This is the Flora & Fauna calendar.

cavallini.calendar

This shows all the great images I will be gazing at monthly.

cavallini.calendar.2

These are definitely frame worthy and I’ll probably change out the 2011 pictures with these 2012 images.  Can’t beat free!

Linking up with

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Winter Blues Wednesday at DIY by Design

Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Kathy

22 comments:

Ruby Jean said...

Oh what a GREAT idea... Your 2012 calendar is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

Gorgeous!!! I've done this many times and find even books and magazines have great art.

Dee

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love your new "prints"! I used the Cavallini Bird calender last year and framed them, too! Just perfect when you want things to be seasonal, thanks for joining in the party, xoxo

Sheila said...

Cute idea. I love calenders, they always have the most fabulous pictures in them. Thanks for sharing

Sarah said...

awesome idea! i have the same calendar with the birds too! :)

Calypso In The Country said...

They look beautiful - yes, you can't beat that price!
-Shelley

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great!!..Love them!! I am such a "bird decor" lover!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wonderful idea! Love the colors in those prints.

Debbiedoos said...

What a cute idea Kathy! I love it.

Okio B Designs said...

Very clever idea! Might I add, if you see an old calendar at a thrift store - pick it up. I got a great French one for $3 at the church thrift store. Even though it's outdated, I love all of the great Parisian photos in it.

Jeanine

Donna said...

What a great idea, Kathy! I had that same exact calendar, and I just threw it out the other day, darn!! Love Cavallini anything, sounds like I need to check out their calenders:)

SuppersYoungans&Thangs said...

Saw your idea on DIY by Design linky party. What a great idea. I will have to remember this one!!!

xinex said...

Great idea, Kathy and they sure are very pretty..Christine

Angela said...

I will look for the same calender, the pictures are so pretty.
Hugs,
Angela.

Megan said...

I have tons of old calendars I've saved for that exact purpose, but have never quite gotten around to doing anything with them!

Christine said...

Oh!!! Now that's what I call a BRILLIANT idea!!! We buy the calendars because we love the images.... why not save them forever!!

Check out my blog too:
http://thediydreamer.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

I did think about that Kathy, but my pics were nearly as nice as yours. Turned out beautiful! Ya know, you could sell those on Etsy - just a thought.
xoxo,
Kim

Stitchfork said...

Great idea! I tend to write all over my calendars tho so not sure they would be such works of art!
xo Cathy

Jessica said...

Love these! The pictures are beautiful!!

Robin Johnson said...

I always forget to do this. I love the prints you've used. They look great all framed up.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Your pictures look wonderful and this is the perfect upcycling project!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Those prints are so pretty! I love calendars as a source for artwork, but I always have such a hard time picking one out because they are all so nice to look at! Angie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...