Saturday, January 14, 2012

French Tea Towels

Right before Christmas, Debbie from Confessions of a Plate Addict made these great little tea towels.  They turned out really pretty and not only did she do it in color, but it really does look like embroidery.
debbie.towels
I just loved these!  Being that I usually keep some Osnaberg fabric on hand {it’s just so versatile}, I knew that I would be trying something similar soon.  This is soon.  I followed Debbie’s post so I won’t repeat any instructions here.
DSC04772_3985
I didn’t have enough to do two towels of the same size like Debbie did, but I got one and then made a smaller one.  My Osnaberg was just about totally cut up, so I used it all on this project.
DSC04775_3988
I cut as close as I could to the images and the Avery directions say to keep it rounded for easier removal.
DSC04774_3987
I used these two graphics from Karen at The Graphics Fairy.  I was actually going to do the text one on both, but couldn’t resist the bee and crown image!
french_type_vintage_image_graphicsfairy_lsm
bee image
Here they are and I love the way they turned out!  Picture overload ahead.  This is the smaller one.
DSC04806_4023
DSC04776_3989
SONY DSC
A nice little towel to use with my tray and maybe some tea and cookies.
DSC04819_4036
DSC04817_4034
Here’s the larger one.
DSC04785_3997
DSC04784_3996
DSC04802_4019
Thanks so much Debbie for sharing your inspiration and thank you, Karen, for the great graphics!

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for the PB Santos Ornament here! I’m keeping mine out all year round!

Linking up with

Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy

Sew Crafty Tuesday at Ruby Jean's

Your Cozy Home at Cozy Home Scenes

Kathy

24 comments:

Debby said...

Those came out so cute. I really like them.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

They turned out wonderful!!

Gail said...

Kathy yours turned out beautiful too! I remember Debbie posting about them.

Pamela said...

Love these Kathy! I have all the supplies to make these. I was so inspired after seeing Debbie's but I have not yet taken the plunge. I just may had ego now!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

Oh wow! I love your towels!!!

Thanks for the graphics.

Dee

Karena said...

Kathy I adore the bee and crown motif!They are the cutest towels.

Xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Adorable! You find the best graphics!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I remembered you saying you were going to do these and yes you did!
They are so darn cute. Love them.

hugs
Sissie

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kathy I LOVE them both!!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, wow! They turned out great! Isn't Osnaburg the best fabric? Thanks for the shout out! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Sue said...

Both of these are adorable! Nice for a little shop or booth...... :-)
speaking of which- Pam from Frippery has a booth down the road near Jungle Jim's. We need to take a road trip down there some day that no snow is coming.

Blondie's Journal said...

They are so pretty, Kathy! The new year has you in the creative mode!

Happy Weekend!

XO,
Jane

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Kathy...they turned out beautifully! I love the graphics that you chose...just perfect with that fabric! Such pretty towels and they would make a wonderful gift! Happy Saturday! Angie xo

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love these, have been meaning to make them forever! You've given me motivation. I'd even choose the same graphics. I had never heard of Osnaburg but recently I've seen it mentioned a few times....is it expensive and/or hard to find? I'd love to try it. Now if I could only sew a ruffle!

Okio B Designs said...

Love, love, love! And too funny as I just saved the French text to use on some bags. We must be sisters. LOL!

J

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Kathy,
These are both very pretty...I have been wanting to make me some too...maybe soon I will find some extra time.

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

They look adorable... Looks like even with my limited sewing abilities I could do this! Great Job! XO Cindy

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Both of the towels are very pretty, Kathy. I enjoy looking at the different graphics but it can be difficult deciding which ones to use. I think you made a good choice for your towels. If you are interested, put them on my party on Tues. They would be a perfect addition.------Shannon

lvroftiques said...

Kathy I love them! Just wonderful! And they look so easy to make too....I just might be able to pull this one off...I'm DIY challenged *winks* Vanna

Anonymous said...

You have been so busy! I love these! These are perfect in your new home! It just looks gorgeous!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love the towels you made!

Debbie's towels really do look like their embroidered. I'll have to go have a look at that tutorial.

Cindy said...

Your tea towels are beautiful, I love the way they look on your stove and even on the tray.
Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hello again Kathy----- Just wanted to thank you again for linking these to my party. You were one of the posts featured today. Congrats!

I'd love to see you again next week.

Have a great weekend!-----Shannon

Donna said...

Kathy,
You left me a comment on my blog about my tea towels and that you had made these ... love them! I have got to make me a queen bee one!! So cute! Thanks for visiting my blog!
Hugs,
Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...