Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Project List ~ 2012

I thought I’d put my project list for 2012 in writing so this way I can have some accountability to get it done.  In no particular order, this is what I’d like to get done this year.  {Some real life pictures ahead as I was putting Christmas away when I took them}.

DSC04600_3822

Painting the sunroom.  I have these five paint swatches that I’d like to choose from:

DSC04601_3823

I realize these are probably hard to make out in the picture.  The colors are all Sherwin Williams and are: 6115 Totally Tan; 6388 Golden Fleece; 6129 Restrained Gold; 6380 Humble Gold; and 6128 Blonde.

DSC04604_3826

The dresser I bought off Craig’s List a few months ago.  I have one of the Annie Sloan paint colors in mind for this or mixing two to get a soft blue color.

DSC04607_3829

DSC04608_3830

These bedside tables in the guestroom.  They are from my son’s old room and I’m thinking of doing an Old White bottom and Walnut stained top.  New knobs as well.

DSC04609_3831

The laundry room needs to be painted now since I removed the previous owners metal shelf.  

DSC04290_3556

I have something else to go in this space but we’ll paint first.

DSC04612_3834

I’ll be doing something with the entry and paint.  I’ve got this one all planned out, just need to pick a day and do it.

DSC04606_3828

The bathroom will be getting a frame around the mirror ~ either a purchased kit or asking my hubby to put something together.  He may like doing that since he seems like he’s looking for something to do that requires tools.

DSC04613_3835

Also in this bathroom, I have something planned for this wall and little stool.  I have the paint for the stool so that will probably get done first.

DSC04610_3832

And, I want to get an upholstered chair of some kind for this corner of the guest bedroom.

DSC04611_3833

As well as this corner of our master bedroom.  I’ve seen a few I like but they are not in the budget I have in my mind to spend.

Of course, this doesn’t include anything I pick up along the way that needs some tender loving care, but I’m going to be showing a lot of restraint and making sure I really need what I’m buying.  Do you have projects planned for this year or do you just take them as they come?

Kathy

21 comments:

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Looks as if you are going to be a busy girl. I hope you get it all finished with plenty of time to have fun in 2012.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

When it comes to the house too many projects to even list. Money is holding me back right now because I am in the middle of a rental house remodel, so all the money goes that way to get that house sold first.

Karena said...

Kathy, I sure feel like I should make my list.

As far as the condo, mainly paint or paint touch up! I would also love to try ASCP on a project; hasn't everyone already!?

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, I have a project list on the frig but they are not in the budget and some require the husband to help with so those will never get done, LOL

I've given up on the frames around the mirrors . . .


I only tackle the must do, like a leaky window, LOL

eleven-o-one said...

Looks like you'll be busy. Can't wait to see the results of your efforts!
Fran

Red Door Home said...

Looks like you have lots of fun projects ahead. Hopw you will share all the progress along the way.

Debby said...

Thanks for sharing. I have a list of things that I want to do. Lots of painting. I am also going to try not to buy things just to buy them. Good luck with your projects.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like some super projects. I can't wait to see them evolve. Hugs, marty

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Kathy, you have a list and I KNOW you will get it all done....PLUS some!! I have a list too....beginning with the stupid kitchen countertops! Ugh! What to do what to do!

I know yours will be fabulous....mine? Who knows?

Lou Cinda

Blue Creek Home said...

You have already done so much work in the new house. Everything looks great.
Looks like you have some things yet to tackle - I would need a whole legal pad!!
Rhonda

DIYbyDesign said...

Those sound like great projects. If you haven't already you should enter my Mirrormate giveaway. Maybe you could win the frame for the mirror. That dresser you picked up from Craigslist is beautiful. Can't wait to see that transformed.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You have some wonderful projects lined up for this year! I look forward to seeing them.

jerri said...

I like your paint choices. I will tell you, I have used Golden Fleece before in our bedroom that receives a lot of light & it pulled too gold. I really like Totally Tan & Blonde. Good luck.

Okio B Designs said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a lot of projects for 2012. S has a lot of painting to do about the house. Me, I just need to de-clutter and really get us more organized. Want a new diningroom set (any suggestions, I want a round table), new bed for N. I could go on and on!

Jeanine

Gail said...

What a great project list Kathy! I'll be following right along with you as you tackle these projects and will be your biggest fan!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Looks like you got a great plan and projects ahead of you!!..Still busy with transitioning from Christmas to "every day living"..hope to get to posting my 12 Projects for 2012!..

I am partial to SW Blonde as my main living area is painted the SW Blonde!..So I am looking forward to your transformations!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Kathy. Whew!! You've got your work cut out for you! I can't wait to see each and every one of them as you cross them off your list! Happy new, busy year! ~Zuni

Becca Bertotti said...

I look forward to seeing you cross your fun projects off of your list this year, Kathy !! And, okay, my monitor must be crazy because your color samples look so different to me (and I have Restrained Gold in my great room) and Blonde in my son's room ... I love them both!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Wow! That is quite the list! I love all them and can't wait to see all your progress in 2012!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

You have a good list of projects. I can't wait to see the sunroom painted. Maybe tape up the swatches so you can get a better idea on what color you like.

My 2012 list would run off the page. :-)

Dee

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a long list of projects! They all sound great; I can't wait to see them! I know they'll be fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...