Wednesday, November 26, 2014

It’s Cold!

It may not be Winter by the calendar, but it certainly feels like it with the frigid temps and wind!  This poem pretty much says it all about the weather in Ohio right now.

I’ve had the fireplace on and the electric blanket at night!  With an unplanned day off from work today, I think I will bring the tree down from the attic and get it set up.

SONY DSC

I usually set the tree up in front of the window in the living room.  I like the way it looks next to the fireplace, but I do wind up having to move that furniture out and over to make room.  There’s a corner in the sunroom that might work, too. Maybe we’ll change it up this year!

SONY DSC

While I usually wait until Friday to start my Christmas decorating, I am working Friday, so I think I could use a head start.  Although, I like to think I have a head start already with some presents hidden away and more “in transit”.

SONY DSC

Meanwhile, let’s enjoy the current holiday.  I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving, enjoying time spent with family, friends and food! 

Happy-thanksgiving

18 comments:

Courtney@Golden Boys and Me said...

Your room looks so warm and inviting with the fire. We are getting hit with snow here in NJ today so I think a fire is in our near future too. Stay warm and Happy Thanksgiving!! Courtney

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your living room is so pretty. I always enjoy seeing it. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sonny G said...



you have such great style, its always a joy to see..
I agree, thats a great window for a tree., maybe you could have 2 :)

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Your family.

vivian said...

such a lovely room KAthy! I have no room for my tree in my living room, but I pack it in there! the arrival of my grandmothers parrot several years ago took over my christmas tree spot! lol. but I love the crazy bird.
anyways.. I plan on dragging my tree down this afternoon too, if I can find the energy. Ive been sick that last few days.. but Im trying to keep on keeping on! lol! Have a happy thanksgiving!!
xoxo
vivian

Jan said...

What a beautiful and cozy room! Wish I was before a fireplace like yours right.

Okio B Designs said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too! I think we're putting up our tree this weekend. I already have little Xmas odds and ends out.

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Kathy, this is one of my favorite rooms! I love the black and white color scheme. You are so talented and creative! It's chilly here too, but not cold yet. I decorated the porch last night and it was very pleasant. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

JP said...

Kathy...your living room looks beautiful! Have fun decorating and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
JP

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I remember those cold frigid winters in West Virginia...not so different from Ohio. So I can relate to the poem.

Love the warmth and prettiness of your living room.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

hugs
Sissie

Karen said...

Your living room looks cozy and warm, I just love the fireplace. Have fun putting up your tree I'm sure it will look pretty wherever you decide to put it.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, I loved the poem. Having also lived in Ohio I know too well being frozen to the ground. LOL
Love your living room. So cozy and inviting!
Happy Thanksgiving and stay warm!!
Hugs

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

We're feeling the chill here in the midwest. Your room looks beautiful. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so pretty! I love our electric blanket too!!
Have a great Thanksgiving.


Kathy

This N That said...

What a warm and inviting room..Happy Thanksgiving Kathy

Tea in the Library said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your home looks lovely and inviting.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Gorgeous room! I'm wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Patti

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving....your room looks beautiful !!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Your fireplace makes your room look so warm and inviting. The perfect spot to get cozy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...