Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Inspiration

I went to our favorite nursery yesterday with my daughter and granddaughter ~ Grandma’s Garden.  I’ve never been at this time of year so I was curious to see what they have.  Besides real Christmas trees, wreaths, swags and other greenery, they had some decorated trees inside.  I took some pictures for ideas to look to for inspiration in future years. 

2014 12 03_5298

I really love this owl themed tree!  They had so many different owls to choose from.  It could get a bit pricey buying all the materials needed to do this tree as one small owl was $12.99.  So cute, though!  I will have to look for some owls at the after Christmas sales to maybe do one of my smaller trees next year.

2014 12 03_5299

I love the way they did the top on this tree, too.

2014 12 03_5300

I also really liked this smaller nature tree with the birds, birdhouses and owls mixed in.

2014 12 03_5314

Here are some of the other pretty trees they had decorated.

2014 12 03_5296

2014 12 03_5313

2014 12 03_5308

2014 12 03_5307

Some great ideas for decorating urns or birdbaths during the winter season.  Makes me want to get a birdbath just so I can decorate it like this for Winter!

2014 12 03_5316

And they had some small pots pre-done that you could purchase.

2014 12 03_5315

It is always inspiring when I visit this place.  So many great ideas to take away and, of course, if you don’t think you can reproduce it you can always just buy it!  I may have to make another trip back before Christmas (and then after to see if any of those owls are on sale!).

 

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, what a gorgeous display at the nursery!I don't know if I've ever seen decorated quite this pretty! Lots of inspiration.
Hope you're doing well and you're always a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy!
Isn't it fun looking at beautiful Christmas Trees! I really love the bird bath idea. You've given me an idea for my front porch urns. I don't have a birdbath but I love the idea.

hugs
Sissie

Debbie said...

Hi Kathy! Thank you for sharing the decorated trees. I love looking at trees decorated by others so I can get inspiration, too. I especially love the owls. They are adorable!

Sonny G said...

so much beautiful inspiration.

the wagon and small tree really appeal to me.

pier one and CVS drug store, has several owls all on sale for 2.99 now, as well as other woodsey animals.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful place. Those trees are amazing. I pinned the urn photo...I am planning on doing something similar with my urns today.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, everything is so pretty. Tons of inspiration here.

Ellen, the Bluestocking Belle said...

Pretty! I love looking at decorator Christmas trees. Mine will never look like them, though. We have too many kid-made ornaments (including some I made back in the day!), but that's what I love about our own tree. The birdbath decorating is a fabulous idea!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, what an amazing place to gather ideas and inspiration. I love it and the variety. I have a few of those woodland ornaments. I love the trees and that urn is fabulous.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Kathleen said...

Great ideas--thank you for sharing. Y

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

This looks a lot like the nursery in the post you just commented on Kathy! They had lots of owls too, and you're right...very pricey to do an entire tree with ornaments that go upwards of $10 each or more. But it's fun to dream :).

Courtney@Golden Boys and Me said...

So much gorgeous inspiration in these pictures. I love the natural trees you shared at the start of the post. Those owls are so sweet!

Cynthia said...

What a wonderful garden center. Love the trees and such inspiration. Thanks for sharing

Cindy

JP said...

I get dizzy from all of the incredible inspirations in the stores and on blogs, but I love getting dizzy....like having a few glasses of fine wine!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am sure you got lots of inspiration from that wonderful place!..love the owls too!

Anonymous said...

Kathy , what a great place for Christmas inspiration! I love the Woodlands tree and the urns area fabulous! Thanks for sharing this wonderful place!

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh what a great spot! Those trees are gorgeous, I'm like you, the owls win. so so cute. Love the idea of the bird bath all decked out, that's something that I've never tried. really pretty!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Garden centers often have the most beautiful trees--I am loving the white one of course :) Thanks for sharing--I don't get out enough makes me feel like I was there!

farmhouse-story said...

wonderful trip to the garden center, kathy:) love the bird bath idea:)

Okio B Designs said...

Love that tree decorated with white. This kind of reminds me of Hicks. We're planning to go this weekend b/c they always have a nice display for the kids.

J

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

The owl tree is so beautiful, Kathy! I love going to nurseries at Christmas. They always have the most beautiful ideas!
Hugs,
Lin

chateau chic said...

I love going to garden centers at Christmastime...I could spend a fortune if I wasn't careful. Love the birdbaths with their festive arrangements!
Mary Alice

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Lots of fabulous ideas. The tree in the wagon is so cute.

Tea in the Library said...

Really enjoyed seeing all of these. Great photos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...