Monday, December 29, 2014

Remnant Bin Finds

Or more aptly titled “Fabric/Trim Remnants Are My Downfall!”.   Thankfully, I found these pieces before I posted my goals for 2015, or I would have been a failure right at the start of the new year.  I went into Hobby Lobby for some Osnaberg fabric, which I use a lot in my sewing.  I always swing by the Clearance section and this time I found this lot.

SONY DSC

Love this animal print ruffle trim.  I’m sure I could use this on lots of things ~ an embellished little girl’s apron, a stocking, even upcycling a piece of clothing.  This was probably the most expensive at about $7.00. 

SONY DSC

There was also a small bit of this grey, white and yellow tassel trim.  I almost didn’t get it, but thought it would look pretty on the cuff of a Christmas stocking that had a grey fabric.  For about $2.00 I decided to throw it in the basket.

SONY DSC

This grey Paris print cotton fabric.  This would make for a nice couple of pillow backs.  That’s about all there is enough for, but worth getting for under $3.00.

SONY DSC

I don’t normally buy something like this John Deere logo fabric, but thought it might make for a nice change for some masculine items in my Etsy.  I think this could be used for a pillow back (maybe with a truck or tractor image for the front) or doing a portion of a stocking or even if I decided to do a Kindle or ipad sleeve.  This is a nice amount of fabric and was under $5.00.

SONY DSC

The last bit was this great black and white camera fabric.  Also under $5.00, it caught my eye as being a great pillow all on its own or for several other projects (like those I mentioned above).  Wouldn’t it be a great fabric to use for a camera strap? Or for lining the inside of a bag used to carry a camera and accessories.

SONY DSC

I think there is so much potential in these remnant pieces.  You are only limited by your imagination and it is a great way to get a piece of fabric or trim that might otherwise be too expensive to purchase in full yardage. What would you make with these remnants?

 

8 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

Great finds! I actually love the John Deere one!

Jeanine

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I like the camera fabric too and it would make for a great pillow or camera strap. Great finds. Happy New Year.
Kris

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love that French fabric! Great finds, all. It's great finding treasures in the remnants, isn't it? I recently picked up some Christmas placemats on sale at Target for $1.38 each and all I could do was picture them as beautiful pillows!
Happy New Year!
xoKathleen

Blondie's Journal said...

Good for you! I don't sew but I feel your excitement. My daughter worked at a designer showroom while studying for her degree and they had tons of remnants and samples. She has quite a few downstairs in her old room. One year we had a Mexican Fiesta and I didn't have anything colorful for napkins so she brought up as many colorful remnants she could find and we just folded them up!

Just a little story! Ha!

Happy New Year!

Jane x

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you found some amazing remnants!I love the idea of a camera step from the adorable camera fabric! You have the best ideas and can certainly make anything! I didn't get the sewing gene! :) Sending best wishes for a fabulous New Year!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You found some great remnants! Sending you wishes for a wonderful 2015!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love the idea of lining the inside of a camera bag with the camera fabric! That would be so cute!

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

farmhouse-story said...

great remnants, kathy! love the french one! happy new year to you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...