Sunday, May 10, 2015

I Found A New-To-Me Fabric Store

I really shouldn’t be buying any more fabric.  Unfortunately, on my quest looking for a specific patterned fabric {more on that in a future post}, I wound up at a fabric store not far from home, The Fabric Shack.  They also have an online store.  As soon as I walk through a fabric store’s doors, the die has been cast!  I am not leaving a fabric store without some kind of fabric.

SONY DSC

And last week, when I was at Hobby Lobby, specifically looking for some red and brown fabric remnants for my needle books, I came home with these two fabrics.

SONY DSC

They have a lovely vintage look to them. Of course, neither of them are red or brown.

SONY DSC

So, I went to The Fabric Shack knowing I would be buying fabric; the question then becomes just how much am I going to be walking out with?  This is what I got and, I think you will agree, if you love fabric, too, that you would not be able to resist either!

SONY DSC

Love the sewing themed patterns!  I’m sure you can tell what the majority of these are going to be used for.

SONY DSC

Just about all of these fabrics will find their way into my new batch of needle books.  I’ll be finishing those up and listing them soon!

SONY DSC

This panel above is different tags that you could write on with a permanent fabric marker {need to get one of those} and add to your creations.  And this one below was a remnant, whose colors just grabbed my attention and was too cute to leave behind.

SONY DSC

I can’t wait to go back!  {Shhhh!}

16 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Well Kathy I certainly share your passion and my closets prove it!!! I cannot pass up pretty fabric and I love what you've found.
Can't wait to see your completed projects.

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, look at these cute fabrics. Nope, I can't blame you, I would have bought them too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

20 North Ora said...

Oh - sounds like so much fun! You found some precious fabric. Love the sewing theme ones.

Hope you had a great day!

Judy

Our Hopeful Home said...

I'm not such a big fabrics person because I'm not talented in the sewing department like you:) It's probably a good thing since I seem to buy so many other things! Love your sewing themed fabrics. So glad you found a new haunt.
xoKathleen

Createology said...

I can sew relate to buying whatever fabric I didn't know I needed! Creative Fabric Bliss...

WE said...

Good one, Kathy. Thanks for sharing.

The design looks fabulous :)

vivian said...

I love to look at fabric! Theres a couple great quilt shops near by that I love to visit.
cant wait to see what you make next!
have a great day
xoxo
vivian

Stacey said...

I love that pink fabric!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I am a fabric hoarder myself! Just can't have enough fabric! Love the sewing themed fabrics. Can't wait to see how they look finished!

Okio B Designs said...

Looks like they have a really nice selection. It's crazy that I don't browse my local fabric store. I just go in for muslin and leave. Maybe it's better that way. ;)

Jeanine

Cynthia said...

These fantastic fabrics. Perfect for needle books. Love the one with the sizzors.

Cindy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You sound like a kid in a candy store Kathy...love the adorable fabrics!...Hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you found some great pieces of fabric! I can't wait to see your needle books. You do such an amazing job creating them! You're have such a great eye for choosing fabrics and projects!

Sherry said...

I love what you found. Any fabric with a sewing theme would be coming home with me too. Fabric stores provide such therapy.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

What is it about fabric stores that are so irresistible? I can spend hours, and actually have, just looking.mtheres a fabric store not too far from me called Osgoods.mits probably about 20,000 sq ft and I can honestly say if you can't find it there it doesn't exist.

But now I'm going to contradict myself and say I don't recall seeing such cute sewing themed fabrics before. I would love to get my hands on some of those!

JP said...

Wow! You sure have been having fun with the variety of designs that you have come up with and I hope that you are selling a lot of them in your shop! Nice going!
JP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...