Wednesday, May 13, 2015

More Needle Books!

SONY DSC

I don’t know if you can tell, but I am loving making these needle books!  Finding all the different images for the front covers, especially the old vintage sewing ads, makes creating these such an enjoyable experience.

SONY DSC

Every time I think one is my favorite, I finish another one with a wonderful combination of fabrics! 

SONY DSC

I just love the soft grey greens and grey blues.  Luckily, I had some fabric already with those tones and the new remnant I bought at Hobby Lobby recently also has them.  They worked wonderfully in this book.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Each needle book has different images and a variety of fabrics used for the backs, inside covers, and as snippets within the needle book pages.  I used some of the new fabrics I just got recently in these needle books.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

They also each have different buttons sewn in, some straight pins, a safety pin or two, and any other embellishments that struck me as interesting to add in. 

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

There are also some blank pages for you to add your own favorites in, whether it is an old button from a favorite top or your-now-adult child’s favorite toddler outfit, maybe it’s a scrap of fabric that you loved, or a piece of ribbon that was tied to a special gift.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

More pictures and measurements of each book can be found in my Etsy shop.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Thanks so much for looking!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell and they are just darling! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Maria Elena said...

Just beautiful! You are very talented. xxx Maria

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Love your needle books and the wonderful details you add are prefect.
These won't last long in your etsy shoppe.
Have a great day.
xo

Connie said...

Oh my goodness, these are precious little works of art. Who would not absolutely love having one:) What a talented girl you are.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those are just so sweet!

Cynthia said...

Kathy these prettier every time I see them. The use of fabric and images are amazing. Prediction, fly out of the shop

Cindy

Ana said...

Oh Kathy these are just lovely. I totally understand how each one is your favorite. Love your choices of fabrics, trims and images.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

They are beautiful Kathy...you are so very talented!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Really adorable! Each one is more adorable than the first one. Their like little needle compact treasures!

Createology said...

Lovely little needlebooks! Creative Sewing Bliss...

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These are such charming little keepsakes, Kathy...you do a beautiful job with them!

Okio B Designs said...

These really are the cutest ever! I think you found your Etsy niche. =)

J

Tea in the Library said...

I like seeing what you've been doing with those images your collect!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, these are wonderful! Your choice of fabric for each one is perfect! These are such a great idea! Have a wonderful weekend!

Ivy and Elephants said...

These are so cute, Kathy! I love the image with the girl and dog, and the little button accents are fun too.
Great job, no wonder you're having such fun.
Hugs,
Patti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...