Thursday, December 17, 2009

Frugalicious Friday & Last Minute Frugal Christmas Finds

If you've come over from Finding Fabulous and are looking for Frugalicious Friday, you've come to the right place. Welcome! The lovely and talented Jane has asked me to guest host this week's edition of Frugalicious Friday and I am absolutely delighted to do so.




*****

After my lovely trip to Home Depot, I had gone next door to Target to get the napkins for my coaster project. Of course, I had to stop off at the dollar section.


I found these things ~ all for $1.00 each ~ that I thought would be neat for projects and to use to decorate my wrapped gifts.

Chipboard Alphabet and a wreath pin
Rub-ons

Layered stickers

I also hit Joann's this week to get some fabric for pillows I'm making for my Dad for Christmas {I'll share those soon}. I found Curly, Moe & Larry here; marked down at 60% off already and it's still a week until Christmas! Aren't they cute?


The snowman was $14.99, on sale for $5.99.

The elf was also $14.99, marked down to $5.99.

And the caroler was $12.99, on sale for $5.19.


Can't wait to see all the markdowns after Christmas!

Okay, if I did this McLinky thingy correctly, you should be able to link up your frugal finds. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has found!




16 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love Target's dollar section! And I have those carolers. I think they are so cute!

What a fun theme - I will have to join in soon!

XOXO
Jen

cindy said...

I've been using up some chipboard letters for gift tags too...makes the packages look so cute! Thanks for hosting Kathy :)

Jane @ Finding Fabulous said...

Kathy...those are some fabulously thrifty finds! Thanks again for hosting Frugalicious Friday today!

Dena Pickle said...

Hey Kathy! I'm so glad to see you hosting this morning!

Dena

Blue Creek Home said...

I was near a JoAnns yesterday, but by passed it for a few minutes in Home Goods. I didn't find anything at HG - wish I had chosen JoAnns!

I love your three stooges!

Rhonda

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Lovely things...thanks for sharing!

Wishing you a lovely weekend dear Kathy, cheers: Evi

Anita Diaz said...

I was making the trip to Target, which is about 25 miles away, then one of the girls got sick, and today we are having a snowstorm! they don't have the same bargains online:-(

Decor To Adore said...

I am heading out to Target myself this morning. I wonder what treasures await? Yours are truly wonderful.

Destination Seaborn said...

What great finds! I hit some pre-Christmas sales today.
Thanks for stopping by! Have you started your stockings yet? LOL!
Happy Holidays! ~Lisa

Angie said...

I was in Target last night and am mad I didn't look in the dollar section. Love that cute stuff you got! You got a great deal on that Christmas stuff. I may have to make a trip to Joanns to see what they have. Do you have a Cracker Barrel? I was in there last night and they have THE MOST adorable ornaments and they (and all the Christmas stuff) was 40% off. It was crowded so I didn't get anything, but I am going to go back and get some stuff. I put the little tree in the urn. It actually just fit perfectly. That almost never happens! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

So many frugal goodies!
It's best for me to stay out those stores this time of year. Too many sales! :)

Merry Christmas!
Donna

Barbara Jean said...

Thanks for hosting this week.

I posted some frugal ornaments using scraps you have.

Blessings

barbara jean

PS you found some great buys!!

Heather Henderson said...

i love the dollar spot!! I wanna run out out to target right now.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Great finds, I need to do some more scrape booking... my painting was a gift from my mom! She did it for me in about 15 mins...lol I love it!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Those were some great finds! I'll have to be sure to check my Michael's when and if I can ever get out again with all this snow!

Anonymous said...

Great finds, Kathy! "Curly, Larry and Moe" are pretty cute. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...