Monday, December 14, 2009

A Little Something ~ Cause They Deliver For Me

In past years, I have given a "gift" to the mail carrier {even though you're not supposed to}, and this year, as we are watching our budget, I still wanted to give the mail carrier and the UPS guy something to let them know I appreciate them delivering my mail and packages, and always doing it in a friendly fashion.


So, while I was at the dollar store, I picked up:
3 plastic holiday containers
4 bags of Peppermint Kisses
2 bags of York Peppermint Patties
1 box of small candy canes
1 package of silver bells
Everything was $1.00 each; I had the ribbon and the tags.



For the red one with the peppermint candies on it, I used two bags of the Kisses {but it really could have used three bags}. I filled in with some of the little candy canes.

The ribbon was a bugger to get around this thing {maybe because it's plastic?}, but I fed the ribbon through a bell and a tag, and managed to get it tied on to the lid.


The blue ones have snowflakes on them and I noticed that the Peppermint Patties had snowflakes on the packaging. I love that!



Here they are done!



Saturday I'll put the mail carrier's in my mailbox and for the UPS guy {and his holiday time helper} I'll put them in a box with a note for them. I hope they like it!


Linking up to DIY Day at A Soft Place To Land.


7 comments:

Patricia said...

How wonderful you are!
My MIL is a carrier and she gets little treats like this and LOVES them

It is so cute too because on hot days some of her people put cans of soda in their boxes for her
This elderly man made her an afghan one time... I cannot even get over the goodies she gets this time of year people are so generous!
Merry Christmas

Jeanette said...

I am sure they will like it. And I think you were very smart to give prepackaged gifts. I am lucky that I live in a rural area and everyone knows everyone. I did fruit crisp mix for our carriers along with a jar of peaches we canned this summer. I know they appreciate it that others think of them.

Verdigris Vie said...

Kathy, you are so thoughtful - wish i was delivering there..:-)

v

Red Door Home said...

You are so thoughful. I am sure they will be thrilled to receive these!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Great ideas! I also leave a little something for our trash collectors. Usually brownies and a six pack. I figure after a hard day of schlepping people's garbage, they could use a beer and a bit of chocolate! ;o)

Debra from Bungalow said...

How thoughtful! Our mail carrier is so nice and I always give him a little gift of candy too.

Katie said...

That's very sweet of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...