Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hopping Down The Bunny Trail ~ My Collection

1081414856 

I think most people have a collection of some sort.  Since I’m kind of in between projects right now and need to rest my brain from projects a little, I thought I’d share my bunny collection.   This is about 1/3 of my bunny stuff, the rest having been packed up last year when we were putting our house on the market.

The great thing about collections is that you can add to them while on vacation or sometimes just from a visit to your favorite store.  The first picture above is a bunny in my master bedroom that I bought in Maryland while visiting my parents several years ago with my sister, One Cheap B*tch {who by the way broke one of the ears off while we were taking stuff out of the car and I had to go crying to my Dad to fix it for me}.  But I digress.

IMG_5244_2642

This little bunny and leaf plate is holding bolts that my hubby, apparently, could not find anywhere else to put.

IMG_5255_2646

This one is on the wall and holds a roll of paper and a pen/pencil for writing down messages. 

IMG_5262_2650

A little bunny container in my living room that I bought off ebay several years ago.

IMG_5252_2645

Another ebay find from several years ago; love the cabbage and I love it with my green dishes.

IMG_5258_2648

These bookends I just got recently from Rhoda at Southern Hospitality’s Open Sky shop.

IMG_5257_2647

IMG_5263_2651

These two are new this year from Tuesday Morning.

IMG_5260_2649

This little guy I got about ten years ago and it was the only thing I could afford in this particular store I went into.  They had one they were using to hold pencils on their counter and I just fell in love with him.  He has a little basket on each side and I use him on my desk.

IMG_5268_2654

Finally, my current dining room centerpiece for Spring and Easter.

Most of these bunnies stay out all year, but the obvious Easter ones I put away.  I need to find the ones I packed away ~ some of them need to come out again!

Collections can be a personal part of your interior decorating so don’t be afraid to use them.   

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.  I will be picking 4 winners who will each get one can!  Ends Friday, March 19th!

31 comments:

Kammy said...

Wow, you do have a bunny farm *smile* !
Thanks for sharing and now I got to go count my bunnies....I think I have 3...Hee hee
Kammy

Christina said...

The bunnies are adorable! My favorite is the first one, so sweet.

Jeanette said...

I so love bunnies! These are so beautiful. I have bunny envy.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I have a bunny collection too! I have the exact same F&F bunny teapot.
I love the first big ole rabbit, he's a cutie.

hugs
Sissie

Tammy@InStitches said...

They really do multiply !

CosmoGirl Carla said...

I love your bunny collection, Kathy! I've been feeling the "need" to start a new collection, and have been thinking about bunnies. Partly because we have so many rabbits around our house. Even in the snow this winter they could be seen sneaking around the house outside. When there were inches of snow on the ground, I was feeding them by throwing out vege scraps.

Now I'm inspired to really keep a watch-out for anything bunny when I'm out and about!

Thanks for sharing.
Carla

Jane said...

Kathy,
You have a wonderful collection of bunnies. I love the one with the pencils in the basket. I agree with you that if a collection makes us happy we should use it in our home decor.
Jane

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

What a fab collection! I really like the paperholder one! Too cute!!

xxoo

Heather Henderson said...

the message center is too funny/cute. i thought it was toilet paper at first!

The French Bear said...

There's something about bunnies, they make me happy. I love to add small collections in with my decor, usually just a couple groupings.
Your bunnies are adorable, esp the pencil holder one.
Hugs,
Margaret B

Patricia said...

Good Morning Kathy!

I am loving the bunnies so much!
The one with the cabbage is my favorite!

I hope you have a beautiful day!
Patricia

EMBELLISH said...

What a fun collection. I always love to see what my crafty blog friends love to collect!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Haha, What a fun collection but I'm glad I read the text because the one bunny that holds the pencil and paper roll well I thought it was toilet paper and if you had any flashes of inspiration something to write with. :0 So glad I read the post instead of just glancing at the pics.
Pam @ Becolorful

One Cheap B*tch said...

Thanks for mentioning that unfortunate incident in MD. I was mortified and when I saw it was the first image I was like hey isn't that the one I...

I love your bunny collection!

Jane B. said...

That's some wonderful bunny accessories! Ha ha, I thought that was toilet paper too at first! lol

Ms. Bake-it said...

Oh your bunnies are too cute! Especially love the bunnies and cabbage.

~ Tracy

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I don't collect bunnies, but I can relate to the feeling of finding a new item in an unexpected place to add to my collection - so much fun, isn't it?!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

Love all your bunnies just hoping around. I love the bunny with the basket on his back.

Angie said...

I love bunnies too and yours are all adorable!

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh wow...I thought I had a lot of bunnies!! And you have more packed away?! I love them all. The bookends are great, at least I can say they serve a purpose when my family notices the bunnies are multiplying again! lol!!

Just found your blog...it's great. I have to go read about the shoe party. I missed it. And that is one thing I have more of than bunnies!

Happy Thursday!

xoxo
Janie

Sonny G said...

never too many Bunnie.. love them all.
Sonny

Embellished Bayou said...

Your collection is spectacular! I've got to get all mine out tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Too cute. There is something enchanting about bunnies. Maybe a little alice in wonderland? Maybe it is just Disney!

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

LOVE the bunnies on the cabbage - your collection is very cute.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Bunnies have a way of multiplying don't they? I love them too. They just draw me in! YOu know you have a bunny collection of some distinction when your toilet paper holder is a bunny too. So cute!
Yvonne

Sam Diamond said...

Kudos on not saying "hop to it" at the end there.
Moen Faucets

Bunny Jean said...

Bunnies? I LOVE bunnies... for the obvious reason :-)

Talk to you soon ;)
Bunny Jean

Chandra said...

Darling bunnies!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The bunnies are adorable and I love the green dishes. Can you believe that I don't own a single bunny? I don't know how that happened! I guess I am on a search for the perfect little bunnies.

Thanks for stopping by and your input on painting my armoire. I am still undecided but I love your armoire painted black.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Your bunnies are so cute! I don't own very many bunnies at all. I bought two PB clearance bunnies last year and I adore them. I think I need to be on the lookout for more cute bunnies :).

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

A wonderful collection. One can never have enough bunnies. ;)
hugs,
shell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...