Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Show Me Your Shoes Linky Party

My lovely friend Beth over at The Stories of A to Z is having a Show Me Your Shoes Linky Party.

shoepartybutton_Page_0-1

While I have no rhyme or reason for the shoes I pick out {heels, wedge, flats} they have to be comfortable ~ all day comfortable and they have to be attractive on my foot.  Most of what I have out is still Winter shoes.

IMG_5275_2658

My favorite pair at the moment are these fancy schmancy numbers.  I like the way they look on and they feel comfortable.  So far.

IMG_5277_2660

I haven’t worn them anywhere, except in my closet, because I got them to go with this fancy schmancy dress, which I also haven’t worn yet.  I just fell in love with it and had to get it knowing that there will be some event where I can wear the dress and the shoes. 

IMG_5278_2661

Like Beth, I love my flip-flops!  I live in these over the Summer and only take them off when I have to drive somewhere.  I don’t like when they get caught in the brake or gas pedal {which has happened} so better safe than comfortable.  This basket is filled with a few pairs of them and my favorites are the pink ones, because they have a wider base.

IMG_5280_2662

I also find these clogs comfortable.  I don’t wear them as often as I’d like because of the color.  I like to match my shoe color to my top, or at least something I’m wearing.

IMG_5287_2669

These boots came in handy this Winter.  Love these with slacks for the day job or jeans.

IMG_5283_2665

My ballet flats, which I kept out even though I didn’t wear them, but the weather should be changing over soon and I’ll wear these in the Spring.

IMG_5281_2663

IMG_5282_2664

All my other shoes and sandals are still packed up with the Summer clothes, but I can’t wait to break them out.  I basically live in sandals all Summer and always feel a little strange once that first cool day comes along that I have to wear socks.

25 comments:

Heather Henderson said...

i love your fancy heels - they are so pretty!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Okay, my favorite are your fancy schmancys! LOVE those and how beautiful they look with the dress. I hope you get a place to wear them! Thanks for joining the party.

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Ooooh, lovin' the heels with the bow!

Jeanette said...

Heck I like all your shoes. I am so jealous I can't wear sandals or heels.

Anonymous said...

Seems like I'm always in either my Nikes or my Keene's boots. Summer - flip flops - love all the colors.

Love those heels. I would love to have somewhere elegant to go to wear those :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

J'adore that first pair of shoes and the dress. Too pretty!!! :) I'm visiting from Beth's party tonight. here's a link to my shoe post:
http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com/2009/09/retail-therapy.html

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

I love your heels~~~ sooooo pretty!!! Blessings... Daphne

Pam said...

Love the heels but my back would not be loving them....I am more the flip flop lover! Great post.

Jane said...

Great shoes! The first pair were gorgeous. I'm at a point where I don't wear a lot of higher heels unless I'm going someplace fancy (and that doesn't happen often). At my age I like the comfort of flats :-)
Jane

One Cheap B*tch said...

Amen to the flip flops! They are so bad for your feet but it just isn't summer without them!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Love your fancy heels. I have a pair that I've never actually worn anywhere too.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Kathy!

So fun to see your shoes. That first pair are gorgeous! I love this idea. I am excited to join up tomorrow!!!

XOXO
Jen

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Pretty!! I just found the best pair of sandels at Target, Grecian style in a muted gold!! They are packed away in my bag for a trip, otherwise I'd snap a photo and add them to the party.
Heading over to see the pretties! Janell

The mad woman behind the blog said...

Amen, amen to flip flops. Thank the powers that be that I can wear them to work and for 8 months out of the year!

Marianne said...

I love all your shoes. I wish I could wear the top ones! And Spring is approaching fast now, so it won't be long before you can take your socks off! Happy naked feet days to you!

Sandy said...

So many shoes.. so little time to wear them...love the silver strappey's...
Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/2010/03/all-for-love-of-shoes-my-shoes.html

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Loving the ballet flats:) How cute to have a shoe party...we woman just love our shoes don't we?? lol:)

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Love those heels in 1st photo!!

Leanne said...

I love your fancy ones. I live in flip flops in the summer too. You can't beat comfort.

Kristi @ Creative Kristi said...

I wear my flip flops all the time too! I even wear them driving but have never had them get caught on something so that's probably why.
I can't find any high heel strappy shoes that are comfortable for me for more than 20 minutes so I hope those pretty ones work out for you!! :) I'm here from Beth's party & I linked up too!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Loving those heels Kathy! I bet they look smashing with that great dress. Hopefully you will get to wear them soon! Also like the boots. Typically around the house I wear the Kino's I get in Key West. They last forever. I keep a few different pairs in different colors. I did not know about this party or I would have joined! I have a mild shoe addiction!

~ Tracy

Love the Decor! said...

I love comfort... Born, clarks, Aeorsoles are among my favorite
So far I have managed to stay stylish and comfortable at the same time

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. Those fancy schmancy ones are fabulous. They are perfect for that dress. You are going to be a knockout in it!

Unknown said...

Those shoes will look so good with that dress--you'll have to post a picture! Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment.

The Barnett Family said...

Wow, your shoes will look great with your dress. I love me some flip flops too. Thanks for sharing. Became a follower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...