Monday, November 5, 2012

Makeovers In The Works

I am so off my blogging and project schedules.  The Friday before Halloween, my son made a surprise visit for the weekend for my birthday {Halloween}.  From New York.  His flight home was supposed to be that Monday morning.  The Monday New York got hit with Sandy.  Needless to say, the surprise turned around on him and he was here until Thursday morning!  I was very thankful he was here.  This way I wasn’t worrying about him. 

2012 11 02_9089

Meanwhile, I’ve been getting custom orders for tea towels! I’m probably going to do one more batch of them for the holiday market, which is coming up fast, and then I just want to take the time to organize myself for the market.  I did take a break when I was out the other day and hit the local antique mart.  I found the tote pictured above.  You can see its size in relation to the tote I have on my coffee table. 

2012 11 02_9095

That will be getting painted and some sort of graphic, I’m sure! I also found three of these wood platters/trays.  They will be getting a makeover as well.  I bought a sample size of Antoinette chalk paint and may try it on these.

2012 11 02_9090

I also found this narrow bread board with the decorative painting on it.  Another paint makeover to come.

2012 11 02_9091

Finally, I found this little chair pincushion.  I love the chair, although the cushion part could use a little TLC.  I will be redoing the fabric on this, but will probably leave it silver.

2012 11 02_9093

So, there you have it! If you don’t see me posting a few times a week over the next couple of weeks, you’ll know I’m sewing tea towels and working on these projects.  Can’t wait to get started on them!

Linking up with

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

 

19 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

swooning over ur pin cushion chair...
cant wait to see all ur redo s finished...
hugs

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I'm so glad that you are busy filling orders....that's a good thing!
Love all your great finds and I can just imagine how great everything will look when you work your magic.

hugs
Sissie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful pin cushion!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Happy belated Birthday! And I'm glad your son made it to your home! You have some great finds there, I especially love the oval board and the narrow painted one is gorgeous! I'm glad you are busy making, creating, and selling! Have a Blessed week! Roxie

Kim said...

Glad you son is ok Kathy. You found some great things! I'm with everyone else - love that pin cushion!!
xoxo,
Kim

Sonny G said...

Your new projects will be amazing cause you always make the BEST stuff.

Happy Belated Birthday~!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

So glad your son was home with you!

Great finds! Have a good week!

Xo
Marsha

Unknown said...

Great finds, Kathy. I especially like the little tote. I saw one yesterday at the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto, at an antiques dealer, and it was listed at $138. No kidding. The stuff was sooo expensive.

DIYbyDesign said...

Your tea towels are just gorgeous. I'm so happy to hear you are busy making so many. I'm glad your son was with you during the storm. It's still a mess here.

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy Birthday, Kathy! I'm so glad your son made it to you and that you had an extra long visit!

You are really working away at things and finding ideas everywhere. Good for you! Can't wait to see what you do with the tote!

XO,
Jane

Pamela said...

Have fun creating!! Love your pin cushion!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks for sharing all your goodies at my party today...luv that darling little pin cushion and that charming tote. Happy Belated B'day!!

Blessings,
Linda

Gail said...

Great finds Kathy and I can't wait to see the make-overs! I bet you really enjoyed having your son with you for an extended period of time!! Enjoy your evening, Gail

This N That said...

Love your new finds..Can't wait to see what you do with them..Always good to have a visit from family...

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet surprise to have your son come home- I love that he was home when the storm hit.

Really great finds. I used to have a little silver chair like that for a pin cushion. My own had GOLD velvet. xo Diana

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Love the pincushion chair. I have a slipper shoe for one and I love it. You did score some really great finds. So glad you son was home and safe when Sandy hit.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Can't wait to see these projects completed--love the tote!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Love that tote box! You always make the best finds Kathy! Can't wait to see what you do with it! Happy sewing! I am not suprised you have orders for your towels...they are so lovely! Angie xo

Anonymous said...

I know you have enjoyed your son's visit- a treasure! Your items are great! I can't wait to see the reveals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...