Thursday, November 8, 2012

French Shabby Chic Wood Platter

I had to take a break from tea towels! I worked all day on them yesterday ~ regular orders, custom orders and some for the holiday market.  I thought a quick paint project might help, so I grabbed one of the platters I picked up recently at the local antique mart.

2012 11 02_9090

I’d been thinking of doing pink with white and this gave me an opportunity to try out the Antoinette chalk paint sample that I bought a few weeks ago.  For this platter, I decided to paint it with the Antoinette first and then did Pure White on top.  Then I sanded ~ in some areas more than others.

2012 11 07_9173

Then I added a graphic {Mod Podge transfer method} because that space in the middle of the platter was calling out for something.  I kept it simple and used this Paris graphic from The Graphics Fairy.

Paris-Wreath-Printable-GraphicsFairysm

Because I feel like the dark wax makes the Pure White look dirty, I just did clear wax.

2012 11 08_9181

I think this would make a great addition to a tabletop, bookcase, hanging on a wall ~ anywhere really.  It’s such a great size, too.  This will be going in my Etsy.

2012 11 08_9182

I did a second one in pink and white as well, but a little differently and I’ll show you that one soon.

2012 11 08_9191

Linking up with

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy

Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

Etsy side note: My shop will be closed from November 14th through November 18th and will reopen on November 19th, as I prepare for the Holiday Market on the 18th. Custom orders placed the week of November 12th will not be worked on until the week of the 19th. Regular orders placed by Monday, November 12th, will be mailed out on the 13th. Any regular orders placed after that will be mailed out on the 20th.

 

27 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love it Kathy!

Olive said...

Kathy, it's pretty. I wrote today about how I have been almost converted to white. xo, olive

Blondie's Journal said...

I love this, Kathy! It's soft and different. Very pretty!

XO,
Jane

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
This is so cute. Love the graphic you used. It's one of my favorites.

hugs
Sissie

Donna said...

What a gorgeous redo! I agree, the simple graphic is perfect. This will go fast for sure!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love it Kathy!

20 North Ora said...

Kathy - What a dramatic and beautiful change you made!!

Judy

An Oasis in the Desert said...

That is really, really pretty -- love it!

Sonny G said...

beautiful change Kathy,, you have so many great items in your shop.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Very nice tray! I haven't tried a transfer yet.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Great tray, and I love that paint! And anything French works for me!

Debbiedoos said...

Very pretty Kathy. I love the script too.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I'm with you, sometimes the dark wax muddies things up too much. I love the tray and I just know you will do great at market, I mean it. Remember how freaked out I was last year when I did the Fancy flea my first show...Sooo fun and a bundle of money in a few short hours!

Carol

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

LOL, tired of working on tea towels, huh? :- D

LOVE your new tray- it came out really awesome, Kathy!!!!

NanaDiana said...

That turned out great, Kathy. I don't like the dark wax over the white paint either- I think it just makes it look dirty...not "olde". Love the pink. xo Diana

Betty said...

I love what you did. Just beautiful.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Such a great treatment! I think I might have passed over one of those trays at the thrift the other day, I better go back and get it now! Love seeing all of your projects :)
xo, Andrea

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, I that LOVE!! I can't wait to see how you set-up your space for this show. You have some wonderful pieces that you have done to work with. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gail

JP said...

Very, very nice, Kathy!

Cynthia said...

Love it, it is so gorgeous. Great job.

Cynthia

chateau chic said...

Very cute platter, Kathy! So many fun uses and places to display it.
Mary Alice

This N That said...

Adorable...good job

At The Picket Fence said...

That looks so fantastic Kathy! Great transformation! :-)
Vanessa

John West said...

I love what you did Kathy. Youre good.

Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle said...

Your tray looks great! I have not tried either one of those chalk paint colors. I might have to add them to my list! Sounds like you are super busy! Life to the full, Melissa

Okio B Designs said...

Very pretty! Love it!

Jeanine

Little Miss Maggie said...

This came out beautiful, Kathy. I agree that the dark wax can make a white look dirty, and also if you put it over pink, it's likely to make it peach. The clear was a perfect choice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...