Friday, October 11, 2013

Housekeeping and A Sneak Peek

In between projects I am trying to finish, I did a few add-ons to some areas.  I added a trim to my vanity stool.  Here it is without the trim.

SONY DSC

Here it is with the new trim added.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I also added some new pictures to my picture gallery wall over the sofa in the living room.  I found these great shaped wood frames at Hobby Lobby and had taken some new pictures that I edited in Photoshop in black and white.  New favorites that I wanted to add into the gallery wall.

SONY DSC

I added them to each end.  Here is a before and after so you can see the additions.

DSC05091_4258

The above picture seems to be from around Valentine’s Day 2012, because last Summer we put in our wood floors and this picture still shows the wall-to-wall carpet.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

The “sneak peek” portion of my title is in our master bedroom.  I had mentioned how we moved our old Queen size bed into the guest room, along with the headboard.  Here is a peek at the master bedroom now.

SONY DSC

I’m just giving a peek, not to be a tease, but because I still have a bit to do in here to get it looking how I want it and right now I’m a bit stumped.  Once I figure it all out I’ll share the changes with you.

20 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The picture gallery wall looks wonderful and the sneak peek at the bedroom looks interesting. Love the iron and bedspread I can see. Pretty. Hugs, Marty

DIYbyDesign said...

Love the photo gallery wall. Can't wait to see the bedroom - I'm sure it will be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I love the additions to your gallery wall! The stool is so cute; the trim really set it off! I also love what I see in your bedroom! The bedding is wonderful! You've been busy!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I think all the changes were a great call. The trim adds so much character to the stool,and the additional frames give balance to the gallery wall.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the toile on the stool! The fringe is whimsical!


I love the quilt on the bed!!!

Okio B Designs said...

Your stool looks gorgeous with the trim! Can't wait to see more of the master. I'm loving the bed spread I see so far!

Jeanine

Cynthia said...

I really love the additions. Those frames really make a difference on that gallery wall. The addition of that trim to the stool is so pretty, love it. I enjoyed the sneak peak into the bedroom and I am loving the bed and the bedding from what I can see so far!!

Cynthia

This N That said...

hat's a sexy little stool..very cute Kathy

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
Everything looks gorgeous. Love your gallery wall of framed pics. The stool is gorgeous with the trim and I love the peak at the iron in your master. I also have a similar iron on our bed with toile. Looking forward to seeing what you have designed.
Have a great weekend.
hugs

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your gallery wall above the sofa is looking really great! I love that you used black and white photos. I'm becoming more and more drawn to black and white again.

The little stool is cute! Everything is cuter with fringe!

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

I love your picture wall and I really love your intital on the wall did you make it ?-love dee x

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow this is amazing how your wall gallery turned out. I love it. Your home is just gorgeous. Can't wait to see the bedroom. I know its beautiful.
Love ya
Maggie

Little Miss Maggie said...

Love your sneak peak. The typography on your comforter is very interesting. Can't wait to see the reveal.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

You have been a busy lady! The fringe finishes off the vanity stool just right. I love the gallery wall- I have looked at those frames at HL many times, wondering what I could do with them. Of course I love the sneak peek at your coverlet- I want one! :)

sheerserendipity said...

The trim looks great on the stool. I love the way your gallery wall looks and can't wait to see what you do with your room!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Kathy, The fringe was a great addition to the stool and your new picture frames are so pretty. Your bedroom sneak peak looks very promising. I love the French themed beadspred.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Julia

Gail said...

Love the photo wall gallery Kathy and I cant wait to see the reveal of your master bedroom. Enjoy your weekend, Gail

farmhouse-story said...

love the frames, kathy! love your new bedding--you are off to a pretty start with your room:) happy weekend!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Wow - love it all...the gallery wall looks great with the new additions - and I love your living room rug! Can't wait to see the bedroom - comforter is gorgeous!!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Love the look of that quilt in your bedroom, Kathy! And your gallery wall looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...