Friday, October 4, 2013

Placemat To Pillow ~ Pinterest Project #2

SONY DSC

The other day, Yvonne from Stone Gable shared a pillow she made out of a placemat she found at Pottery Barn outlet.  I was so inspired that, not only did I pin it, but the same afternoon I read the post I got hubby to go with me for a trip to our outlets.  After walking the whole store and not seeing the placemat I was starting to get disappointed, until at the last minute ~ there it was!

SONY DSC

I bought two to make pillows for the chairs we have at our table outside our front door.  A little different from Yvonne’s, I opened stitches at the bottom of the placemat and used the whole placemat as a pillow cover.

2013 09 23_2614

I bought a pillow insert as close in size to the size of the placemat {12 x 22}, inserted it, added a little bit of fiberfil to fill the bottom a bit more, and sewed the opening back up.

SONY DSC

I added them to the chairs outside and they now complete my outdoor Fall décor! 

2013 09 23_2616

Thanks for the inspiration, Yvonne!  They even look good inside and go well with the furniture in our sunroom.

SONY DSC

19 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Easy project! Just what I like! Oh, my altered girl would look great inside that birdcage!!!

xo

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Hey, Kathy! How are you doing?! I love your pillow covers. Such a great idea! The pumpkin pattern is beyond cute. I really like what you did with your fall front porch. The white lantern is super cute. I of course, love the little bunny too. Have a great weekend! ~ Jamie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The look great Kathy! We don't have a PB outlet near here...or even a regular PB :-(

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Hi Kathy, You did an awesome job on the pillow! I'm so glad you used this idea and made it your own!
It looks beautiful in your home! xo

Unknown said...

LOVE! The Pillow, The Pumpkin and the P flag!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How fun, I love the pattern, and they look fabulous on your chairs. Hugs, Marty

Pamela said...

Your porch looks wonderful Kathy! I am just now starting on mine. Still in the 90s here.

Haddock said...

Like the placement of the pots (second last picture)

Celestina Marie said...

Gorgeous Kathy, Your porch with the pillow is so inviting. I have done this too with placemats and it is fun and you can find some great patterns for little money.

Love your P flag and the lantern.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs!

chateau chic said...

I love this idea because it's so easy!! Your pillows look so pretty, Kathy.
Mary Alice

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Cute idea!! Looks great in your entryway!

Anonymous said...

A perfect addition to your Fall decor! I love the design on the placemat! I sure wish we had an outlet closer to us! We don't even have a HomeGoods! Love your pillows!

Cynthia said...

I was a huge fan of many fall things of PB this year and that pattern was one. I wouldn't think about buying fall items this year with building our home. Love this pillow, so pretty!

Cynthia

This N That said...

Love the pillow..great fall colors..

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the pillow and that Yvonne is so creative!...Your porch looks so pretty Kathy!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

What a cute pumpkin pillow. It's an old trick to use a place mat or a napkin, but it can sure look good!
Happy Weekend.

Becca Bertotti said...

Looks awesome, Kathy! I love that you did that ... looks perfect on your Fall entry!

farmhouse-story said...

your porch looks ready for fall! love the cute pillow idea, kathy!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love how you transformed the place mat to a pillow! Your front porch is really pretty - everything is perfectly placed. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...