Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New Guest Room Curtains

With some cooler days here, it was time to change out those Summery net-like Ikea curtains I put up in our guest bedroom.  They were perfect for Summer ~ white, light and airy.  Since I happened to be in Lowe’s I thought I would check out their curtain selection and I wasn’t disappointed.

SONY DSC

I found this pretty pair in a grey and white pattern {the packaging says “Ivory”, but they don’t look Ivory to me}.  I was really pleased with the way they looked and fit in with this room.

SONY DSC

I have been having such a hard time with our master bedroom since we got our new mattress and went up to a King.  I’ve got a new iron head and footboard, which I love, but you know there’s a problem when you love the look of your guest bedroom more than your own!

SONY DSC

So I took a step back and tried to pinpoint what I liked about our guest room.  The white bedding was one and, after looking on Pinterest for ideas, I found I was drawn to those pictures with white bedskirts and quilts/comforters/duvets.  So online shopping I went and found a white Pinecone Hill bedskirt that, astonishingly, was less than $100.00 at one store and a white French tile quilt set at another. Hopefully, I will have something to show for my efforts soon.

SONY DSC

A little tip ~ since I’ve been holding onto the plastic zippered packaging that some of these things come in ~ I put the Summer guest room curtains in them and just turned the cardboard insert around and labeled it for easy storage. 

 

24 comments:

Cynthia said...

I really like the curtains Kathy! Good luck with your master bedroom. I do the same thing with my stuff. I thought I was a bit OCDing but it is a great idea isn't it???

Cynthia

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Wow...you found them at Lowe's??!!!...they look fantastic....great tip in the storage of the seasonal drapes...Have a great day Kathy!

Anonymous said...

Love the curtains, Kathy. Can't wait to see the items you bought in place in your master. Sounds like you purchased some winners.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Your new curtains look awesome!

That's a great idea about storing your seasonal linens, lady!

I always save those bags and use them for my shoes when I travel/pack/fly - keeps the dirt off my clean clothes.

This N That said...

Love the curtains, Kathy..I save those plastic bags as well..as long as they don't smell badly..

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty Kathy. They look custom.

Hugs
Sissie

The Old Parsonage said...

I've never looked for curtains there - thanks for the tip. Love the white look too!

Enjoy your night!
Leann

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love the pattern.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

I love the new curtains, Kathy. I keep forgetting about that section at Lowe's. Maybe I can find something for our keeping room there. I still can't decide what I want on the windows.

NanaDiana said...

Smart girl on storing the summer curtains. I LOVE those curtains but if they are IVORY well- I am green like Kermit the Frog. They look GREY to me! Great play of pattern there- xo Diana

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The new drapes are stunning, I love the color and such a pretty pattern too. Clever idea of how to store the summer ones. Hugs, Marty

farmhouse-story said...

the new curtains look lovely in your room, kathy:) love your storage idea--i keep mine in a cabinet, and it gets messy.

Okio B Designs said...

Very pretty and at Lowe's no less. Any recommendations on curtains for my livingroom? I don't want anything going to the floor - just hitting the sill.

J

Karen said...

Lowes has a nice selection of home decor items. Your curtains look great. Your new bedding sounds really pretty, hopefully the new additions will make you feel better about your room. I'm sure new bedding will lead to tweaking something else and then one more thing and on and on. Isn't that always the way projects go LOL. Great storage tip too.

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

So I'm not the only crazy person who saves those zippered bag! They work great, don't they? That's where I store our blankets for the guest room, and each sheet set in its own bag so I don't have to go looking for the matching pillow cases, plus it keeps them fresher, since those linens don't get used as often.

I really like the curtains. I noticed the other day that Lowe's might indeed have a nice assortment, though I didn't look carefully. Now I know! ~Zuni

Gail said...

Very pretty Kathy! I can't wait to see your master bedroom.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Very pretty! They look gray to me too! I look forward to seeing the changes you made to your room.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
Love the curtains. The whole room is gorgeous.
I also use those plastic zip bags for storage and also the smaller ones for travel.
I am just loving the grey tones too.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Your entire guest room is beautiful. The curtains are perfect. I've sure missed visiting you the last few weeks! You always have such great ideas and blog posts. Happy rest of the week to you!

Debbiedoos said...

Those are pretty Kathy and the perfect pattern for your pretty guest room! Great find.

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love the curtains, they look perfect in the room. Thanks for the great tip. I do save the bags, but labeling them is a wonderful idea.
Hugs,
Patti

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to change linens and drapes seasonally. My mom always did this. I love your new drapes! They are a gorgeous addition to your room.

Olive said...

The curtains are pretty. I have been fortunate to find gorgeous matelasse spreads at garage sales. I like our guest room better too. We sleep in our office as I use the master for my booth storage. I see no solution for that problem either.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those are really pretty Kathy! They look grey or taupe on my monitor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...