Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Bread

SONY DSC

Let me start off by saying, I am not a baker or a cook by any means.  I am probably lucky that people don’t wind up in the emergency room after eating things that I’ve cooked.  Also, if it’s not easy, I’m not going to make it.  This turned out really good and it’s gluten free, which is why I’m sharing it.

SONY DSC

I came up with my own recipe based on previous bread/cake type recipes I’ve made.  It is along the same lines as a banana bread.  If it is easy enough for me, anyone can make this.

Pumpkin Bread

1 15 oz. can of pumpkin

4 eggs

1 1/2 cups brown rice flour

1/2 white sorghum flour

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar {I used dark}

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

1/3 cup butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients on a low to medium speed for a couple of minutes just to blend everything together well.  I spray my loaf pan with Pam.  Pour into pan about half way.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Makes 2 loaves.

SONY DSC

The ultimate test?  My husband loved it and there were no trips to the emergency room! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

11 comments:

Sherry said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe. I have several family members that should eat gluten free and we love pumpkin bread.

Okio B Designs said...

That really does look yummy! And you're cooking isn't bad. I don't know where you're getting that from. We always ate well at holidays and such. =)

Jeanine

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I LOVE pumpkin goodies!
Thanks for sharing the recipe. I haven't tried to making anything gluten free. Maybe I'll give this a try!
Warmly,
deb

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love pumpkin bread.

NanaDiana said...

Kathy, That sounds delicious and I think you are a baker whether you think you are or not- Have a wonderful night- I have two chatty grandgirls here keeping me company- xo Diana

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love pumpkin bread, one of my family's favorites. Hugs, Marty

Decor To Adore said...

Now this is my kind of recipe! Thank you so very much for sharing.

I absolutely adored your new curtains!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Looks wonderful and glad it's gluten free.

Blue Creek Home said...

Send me a piece please. My address is .....
Warm with real butter and a steaming cup of coffee - yummy
It does look good.

This N That said...

It looks nice and moist Kathy..Thanks for sharing..

Celestina Marie said...

Kathy this look so good. I will for sure be trying this since I have to eat gluten free too. I tried my banana bread recipe subbing rice flour for the reg flour and it turned out great. The texture a bit new but the flavor exactly the same. It raised and browned nicely too.
Thank you for sharing this one.
Have a great weekend
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...