Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tea Time Sign

2013 09 30_2667

In my previous post, I told you about the nightstand I found at an estate sale that had a door that had come off.  It came with the nightstand but I decided not to reattach it.  You can see it in the picture below.

2013 09 28_2685

Wood fill to fill in the holes for where a handle had been.  I then used the CeCe Caldwell Beckley Coal to paint the whole door.

SONY DSC

Another stencil I got from Artistic Stencils on Etsy ~ Tea Time.  I used this on the door front with CeCe Caldwell Vintage White.

2013 09 30_2666

I decided I wanted that scroll section on the top as well as the bottom.

2013 09 30_2668

A sawtooth picture hanger on the back and it’s ready for someone to hang!

 

18 comments:

Unknown said...

waw, I can't believe how you transformed that piece of wood!!!Now it is just gorgeous :-)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the sign, how cute is that. Hugs, Marty

Okio B Designs said...

So pretty! The stencil fit perfectly on there!

Jeanine

Olive said...

Pretty Kathy. I also like the piece in the previous post with the bee.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Kathy, Your tea time sign is beautiful and the nightstand turned out so fabulous as well. I seem to love black & white more and more, not only for Halloween decorations.
Hugs,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Kathy, this is so cute and such a great re-purpose! Love it!

farmhouse-story said...

so cute, kathy!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love it and the stencil....another great idea and project Kathy...so very pretty!!!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kathy, the sign is so cute! What a great transformation!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Love your sign. You know I love black and white. It is great to use every part of an old treasure. You are so creative.
Hugs!

Carolyn said...

Another great project!

Carolyn

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That's really cute Kathy!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Very pretty, Kathy. You have found some great stencils!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very cute Kathy!

Becca Bertotti said...

You ROCK, Kathy ... that is awesome! I would never have thought to do that! So creative!

Gail said...

Oh, that is so cute Kathy! Do you like CeCe Caldwell paint and have you tried their wax? Enjoy your day, Gail

Cynthia said...

Very cute Kathy, love the stencil!

Cynthia

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Goodness, you are so resourceful! LOL
Cute sign.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...