Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Gift For The Tea Lover

SONY DSC

One of the gifts I’m putting together for Christmas this year is for my sister-in-law and I can share that because I’m pretty certain she doesn’t read my blog.  My sister-in-law enjoys tea and when we stayed with her back in June {on our trip from Long Island to Pennsylvania while moving our son}, she had quite a variety to offer me. 

SONY DSC

This particular label came with the set that I recently ordered from MagicPug and used on wine bottle fabric bags.  I didn’t think it really worked for wine bottles but thought it might make for a nice label for a little gift bag for tea related items.  I used some black and white ticking stripe fabric that I had gotten to use for stockings.

SONY DSC

I put it together basically the same way I did the wine bottle bags here, just a little smaller.  I used a black sheer ribbon for the tie.

SONY DSC

I called on my fellow Buckeye, Michele from The Nest at Finch Rest, for some suggestions on what to put in my gift bag.  Michele is someone I think of when I think “all things tea”, so I knew she would come up with some good suggestions.

SONY DSC

I went to Home Goods and they had quite a large selection of items to choose from {for the coffee lover, too!}.  I got a tin of English teas, Cinnamon Vanilla Dunks, Booklover Chocolate {dark chocolate in a book shaped package}, and Green Tea.

SONY DSC

I embellished a small demitasse spoon I picked up at an estate sale with some bling and glitter.  I also added a magnet to the back so she can use it on her refrigerator.  The glitter looks a bit like snow or sugar.  I just added the spoon into the bow I tied. 

SONY DSC

A nice little tea themed gift that I think she will enjoy!

(I just noticed the spoon slipped out of the bow and is attached to the tea tin inside the bag!  Gotta fix that!}

28 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

So sweet! I'm sure Catherine will love it!

Jeanine

Sonny G said...

thats so pretty,, your creative talent never ceases to amaze me. your sil is gonna love it.

chateau chic said...

What a darling idea for a gift! Love the sparkly spoon attached on the outside!
Mary Alice

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your SIL is going to love her gift.

Betty said...

That is a beautiful gift you are making for her. I know she will love it.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a beautiful thoughtful gift. She is really going to love that!

Maria Elena said...

So pretty! What a thoughtful gift! Merry Christmas!

JP said...

I pinned this wonderful gift idea.....I just love that spoon magnet!
Would love you to share what glue you use for projects like this one :)
JP

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, What a darling gift idea and you created such a wonderful and thoughtful presentation with the bag and the sweet spoon. She is going to love it.
Merry Christmas~

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Super cute gift, Kathy! Tea is my all time favorite. I love loose leaf tea in flavors like ginger peach clove, lavender garden, craigmore english breakfast, rose petal lush, and the list could go on. I bet your sister-in-law will love your present. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I got my ornament from Celestina Marie Designs. Thank you so much for your great giveaway! Have a lovely day. ~ Jamie

Nancy said...

Kathy, this is just precious! I Love Home Goods food section too. Love the touch of the Spoon too. Yep, I think this is a all star for the Tea Lover!!

Huggs, Nancy

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That is so cute! That spoon is beautiful.

I ordered a tea from another blogger off etsy that I love and I try to have that in the afternoon when I feel like something hot but don't want coffee.

I think that's a charming gift for a tea drinker!

Cynthia said...

What a wonderful gift this is, love the bag so pretty!

Cynthia

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, Kathy this came out soooooooo nice! WOW- what tea lover wouldn't absolutely ADORE receiving that, wow!

That transfer is awesome, you may need to make more of these bags for us non-crafties to purchase. I think I am in love.

Also GREAT idea about embellishing and making that sweet demi spoon into a fridge magnet, awesome.

Well done, and you are so sweet to mention me, thank you, chum. Hugs.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh she will certainly love it…you make the most wonderful things!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift! I love the spoon magnet, precious! I know she'll be thrilled to receive this! You did a fantastic job on her gift!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Oh, how pretty, Kathy! Love it!

Createology said...

Beautiful presentation for the tea lover's gift. Your bling spoon is the perfect touch. Creative Joy...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift! She will love it.

Kathy

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

What a great idea Kathy! And I love the bag, too. Your SIL will be so happy to receive this.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

what a sweet gift - I just love a themed gift specific to a person's like and interest!

bj said...

O, I wish you had these for sale in your shop...I'd surely buy several. Sooo cute but I'm not one bit good at making ANYthing. :)

bj said...

oops, I thought you had an Etsy shop but didn't find it...:(

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

These are the kinda gifts that are so special...she is going to love it. Darling bag:)

Blessings,
Linda

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Kathy, this is such a thoughtful and creative idea! I adore the bag and the spoon! This pretty gift for a tea lover is one I'll be remembering to make for the tea lovers in my life!!! Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Kathy, this is such a wonderful idea! I absolutely love the spoon. I love that it isn't a typical gift, I am always looking for new ideas! Thanks for sharing! :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

Such an adorable gift idea! The spoon is so cute, she's sure to love it! Fabulous, I love it!
Hugs,
Patti

Karen said...

That is a perfect gift for a tea lover. Love the bag and spoon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...