Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dollar Store Valentine Wreath

I’m calling it a Valentine Wreath, but my goal was to make it something that could be out for any time of year.  I started with an oval grapevine wreath, a bunch of faux red roses, and a bunch of faux baby’s breath from the dollar store.

2013 01 13_0137

I didn’t even need hot glue here, which is good in case I decide to remake the wreath.  Just tucked in cuttings from the roses and baby’s breath.

2013 01 15_0169

I added in a few rolls of my script wrapping paper tied with some sheer red ribbon.

SONY DSC

Then used a wide red ribbon I had to hang it from a Command Hook on the middle mirror in our dining area.

2013 01 15_0172

A simple bow made from the same ribbon just sits on top of that.

2013 01 15_0170

I had picked up a few of the roses and baby’s breath and used the rest in my French tote on our hall tree.

SONY DSC

I had the ribbon and the paper, so for a total of $3.00 I got a lovely wreath to add some romance for Valentine’s Day!   

Linking up with

Dollar Tree Valentine’s Party at Debbiedoos

 

29 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Kathy, your wreath is so beautiful.
I love the combination of the red roses and the baby's breath.

Very pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Very pretty, Kathy! I love the script wrapping paper!

vivian said...

so pretty! now, I'm wanting to go to the dollar store! lol
have a great day kathy
xoxo

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Very cute! I love the French tote filled with roses!

BECKY said...

So very lovely Kathy! And I love the flowers in the tote. I have the sleeve to a vintage French nightshirt that I am making into a tote to hold lavender or flowers!!

Have a wonderful day, sweetie!!
Hugs,
Becky

Gail said...

Your wreath is so pretty Kathy. Enjoy your day, Gail

Always Nesting said...

Love each and every touch!

Debbiedoos said...

Pretty as pretty can be Kathy. Love it. Thanks for sharing. See you at 10:)

Okio B Designs said...

Very pretty. You could change out the flowers depending upon the time of year and re-use again and again!

Jeanine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How fun and pretty is this. It looks so pretty on the mirror. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

so pretty and romantic!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

A very pretty wreath indeed!

DIYbyDesign said...

That is such a pretty wreath. Love the mirror it is on as well.

Cynthia said...

Thia is too beautiful, I love it, it is very romantic. Love the script paper

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Kathy, it looks GREAT - it all does!

Very well done!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your wreath looks so pretty, Kathy. It amazes me how good things from the dollar store can look! I love your bag full of flowers, too!

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

So very pretty and romantic, Kathy! Love the rolled up paper scrolls. Just the right touch!

This N That said...

Pretty..very seasonal..good job

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

So pretty, and this is the second pretty wreath I've seen made with Dollar Store finds! I've go to head over and get some before everything is gone. Very Pretty.


Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

That is so pretty Kathy! I love your new blog banner! Angie xo

Karen said...

Pretty wreath Kathy,you sure can't beat that price. I love the roses in the bag too.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I need to start visiting the dollar store more often!

Cristina Garay said...

That's a very pretty wreath, I love the script wrapping paper!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

So pretty, Kathy! You find the best things to work with (and turn them in to such treasures!) at the dollar store!

pam {simple details} said...

Don't you love the $ Store ~ very pretty and your leftovers look great too!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very pretty...love the paper rolls...

Anonymous said...

Just darling! I love this idea! Your wreath looks far more expensive! Thanks for sharing this idea! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea to add the love notes - I just have to do that - maybe hubs will write one and I can roll it up and add it somewhere - how sweet!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That's so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...