Saturday, April 26, 2014

Comment Kickback

It seems there is some kind of glitch with Blogger and comments coming through to email.  Have you been getting this email?

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

***********@yahoo.com
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain yahoo.com by mta6.am0.yahoodns.net. [98.136.216.25].
The error that the other server returned was:
554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.  See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html

It seems when I leave a comment I get the above message in my email {mine goes into my Spam folder for some reason}.  Some comments don’t come through to my email at all and I am guessing some of you are going through the same thing.

frustrated-lady-300x140

There are comments when I go to my Blogger dashboard.  They are just not coming through into my email.  Since I haven’t changed anything, and bloggy friends have emailed me about having the same issue, it stands to reason that it is a Blogger issue.  One that, hopefully, they will have resolved soon.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone with this issue!  In the meantime, if you ever have any questions for me on one of my posts {or just want to say “Hi!”} feel free to just shoot me an email directly ~ kpassarette(at)yahoo(dot)com. 

12 comments:

NanaDiana said...

So aggravating! I have heard lots of bloggers complaining about problems lately-including being able to load pictures. SO frustrating!!! xo Diana

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I haven't experienced this yet. I hope I don't!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Kathy, it also has to do with Yahoo mail, and some others. There are new policies, set to protect users from spam, hackers, etc. However, it also blocks the users it's suppose to protect. I've been changing settings for the past week.

Sonny G said...


I've been getting those for days....grrr...

I have contacted several bloggers where I left a comment and they said yes - my comment went thru.
I finally wrote Brenda/ Cozy Little Home // and asked if she knew how to fix it..
so far as I can tell its a yahoo glitch-- it isnt a virus thank goodness.

I am just gonna start deleting the deamon emails and go on and comment.

Art and Sand said...

I got the message once on an email I sent, but the blogger said it actually did go through.

Who knows with all these glitches!!

Junkchiccottage said...

I hope this gets fixed soon. I have not heard of anyone complaining to me this is happening and I hope it does not start. It is so frustrating when you cannot figure where the problem is. Hope it gets fixed.
Kris

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, yes blogspot is glitching and it has been for some time. I get the same thing and also the follow by email is not working properly either. Everything is coming in my spam folder and when I leave comments they are returned as undeliverable. Yet, they are getting through. Some comments come to the inbox and others are on the comments moderation page. I never used to look there until one day I did and found dozens of comments I missed.
Another thing that is happening is noreply to comments showing when you have not changed the settings.
Hope THEY fix this soon, however THEY are!!
You are not alone.

Happy Blogging!!
XO

Okio B Designs said...

Yes! Been getting this too. Very annoying but I figure they must know about it and be working on it. Or I could be wrong...

Jeanine

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I just realized this a couple days ago. I always respond to everyone that leaves a comment, but about 25% of comments left are not coming through to my email. They are showing up on my dashboard list of comments and on my blog though. Yours was one that did not go through to my email and I just found it by going to my comments. Don't want you to think I was ditching you, I just had no idea I was missing comments! so glad to read this....Misery loves company lol!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Blogger can be so irritating!I've seen this too. I'm also not getting any feeds on blogs I have subscribed to in Feedburner now. I cannot sign up again because it says I already have a subscription! Grrr!

Cynthia said...

Even with Word press some of my emails from blogs go into spam. I don't know what the deal is and sometimes when I try to leave comments on blogs through blogger they have problems connecting to the link.

Cynthia

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Yes, noticed that when I make a comment on a Blogger blog that I get this message in my spam folder, but my comment seems to show in the blog post that I commented on....I am on WP and my comments being delivered to my email is SLOW..sometimes not getting to my email for 24 hours...wonder if this is all related...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...