Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Frugal Picture Update

SONY DSC

Budget, budget, budget seems to be my mantra for this year.  Keeping that in mind, when I was feeling like changing out the artwork in a frame that I have hanging in our Master Bathroom W.C., my options were to print something out from what I have saved on my computer or use an image from a two-year-old Cavallini calendar I’ve held onto.

SONY DSC

I chose to go with the calendar.  I still have about five images left in this calendar.  I’ve used it before on several projects, one of which was shadowboxes I did here that are hanging over our bed.

SONY DSC

I just used the existing image to cut the calendar page to fit.  I even left the old image in and put the new image over it.  This way I don’t have to worry about putting it somewhere {because I’ll never remember if/when I go to look for it}.

SONY DSC

New image, new look! It satisfied my urge for something new and didn’t cost me anything.

SONY DSC

Linking up with:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design

Treasure Hunt Thurs. at From My Front Porch To Yours

Be Inspired at Common Ground

 

23 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love images like these and love them in the painted frame!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, this is my favorite kind of update- shopping the house. Your pictures and frames look great! What a lovely compliment to your bedroom!

Stacey said...

I used four of the pages from the 2012 calendar for my entry way. They are gorgeous!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love it, there are some fabulous Calendars with the greatest images. Love this one.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You rock, Kath- seriously looks awesome and love it was so frugal.

What a lovely hue of blue that frame is...and I love this ties in with the bedroom artwork on wall. Nicely done, ma'am!!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Smart & beautiful, Kathy! I LOVE everything Cavallini. :)
xo,
Lin

Gail said...

Beautiful image Kathy! I save all my calendars because they do make beautiful artwork. Enjoy your day, Gail

Okio B Designs said...

I love "shopping" the house to add a new twist. I'm trying really hard to use pieces I already have too. These are really pretty! P.S. S got his card, thank you! =)

Jeanine

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The images you selected are really pretty.

Cynthia said...

Kathy, I think these are perfect and so pretty!! Love the frames.

Cynthia

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, love the changed out print. So much more fun then shopping for new artwork. It looks great over your bed and I do the same thing, keeping an old print behind the new. I surely will put it away and not remember where!! LOL
It is always fun to use what we have and shop the house or our stash of graphics and calendars.
Everyone is watching their pennies these days!
Hugs

Createology said...

Beautifully and frugally done. I adore calendar pages for lots of creative venues.

Ellen, the Bluestocking Belle said...

Very pretty AND creative!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Very pretty. I love a no-cost project even more than a low-cost project. :)

NanaDiana said...

That is a really cute idea and I think the images are perfect. I love them layered like that! xo Daina

farmhouse-story said...

cost free changes are the best--love this, kathy:)

JP said...

Kathy, your prints are so pretty and they look so perfect in your bedroom.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a great calendar to use for these types of projects! I love that the images look collaged - gives the whole framed piece depth.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Instant art that is beautiful, too!
I love it!
Hugs,
Patti

Maria Elena said...

They looks beautiful! What a great idea!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Beautiful update, Kathy. I love anything with a bird in a collage. Good choice.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Very, very nice Kathy...I love the Cavallini calendars...great choice!!!

Pamela said...

Love it Kathy! Thanx for sharing at THT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...