Monday, April 7, 2014

New Spring Wreath

SONY DSC

I totally forgot I bought a wire wreath form {actually two}to try my hand at a burlap wreath.  It’s been sitting in my craft room, in a bag, for several months now.  Seeing everyone’s Spring décor reminded me of it and I decided to make up a new wreath for our front door.  I checked out Pinterest for some ideas and found these.

.

Source

Sweet Annie Wreath Wrap and glue bunches of dried sweet Annie to a wire wreath form. For variety, add other dried flowers to this pleasant-smelling wreath. Get instructions for the Sweet Annie wreath.

Source

Tulip wreath

No Source listed

I’d like to try one similar to this hydrangea wreath for Summer through Fall. 

Flowers are also perfect for making wreaths. This one, for example, is made with a wire wreath form and some hydrangeas in different shades....

Source

These are the supplies I used.  I didn’t think I would have enough wire so I pulled out some floral tape, although I didn’t wind up needing it.

SONY DSC

I was really drawn to the pastel colors of these florals at Hobby Lobby.  Definitely very Springy!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

This is actually the first time I worked with a wire wreath form.  I usually use the grapevine wreaths.  It took me about an hour to get this to where I liked how it looked.

SONY DSC

I hung it on the door right away.  I don’t know if that will help Spring arrive any quicker, but I’m ready for it!

SONY DSC

Hobby Lobby really has some of the nicest faux florals I’ve seen.  Expensive, but nice!  Plus, it was nice to spend some shopping time with my granddaughter while I babysat her.

SONY DSC

Even if it’s not feeling quite like Spring yet, it was a good day because the cashier thought I was my granddaughter’s mother.  If that doesn’t put a spring in your step . . . !

Linking up with

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design

Be Inspired at Common Ground

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

30 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your spring wreath turned out so pretty!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous. I love the flowers, and such pretty colors against your door. Love it.

NanaDiana said...

Those are all gorgeous wreaths and I really LOVE yours! I have never worked with a wire wreath form either. You are right about HL's flowers. xo Diana

Okio B Designs said...

Your wreath turned out great! And what a lovely comment from the cashier. I get excited when I get proofed at Dairy Barn. =) It's the little things...

Jeanine

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Your wreath is beautiful! I still need to make one. I'm thinking just forsythia wrapped around a grave vine wreath. Have a great week! ~ Jamie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, LOVE IT!! Your wreath turned out gorgeous. I have several sizes of the wire wreaths right now and am working on a few rag and I would like to do a boxwood wreath too.
Your looks beautiful on your door.

Have a great week.
Hugs

Stitchfork said...

Hello and welcome in spring! Very pretty!
xo

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty Kathy!!

JP said...

I love it, Kathy....the tulips that you used are so pretty and the lacey greens make it just perfect!
JP

Cynthia said...

Kathy, this wreath is gorgeous and when I am back at my computer I'm PINNING for sure!!! Many of the wreaths you showed I have pinned in my wreath page for inspiration. We don't have a HL near us in NJ. Maybe some day.

Cynthia

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I'm sure that made your day! Beautiful wreath Kathy!

I saw that tulip one and wanted to make one like that with daffodils and then I realized it would cost a fortune even using dollar store daffodils!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your wreath is beautiful, Kathy. I love the flowers you chose, very spring-y. :)

This N That said...

Very springy..I hope it helps..Love the Hydrangeas..always a favorite..

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wow Kathy, I love your wreath. Tulips are my favorite and this wreath really says welcome and spring!

hugs
Sissie

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love your spring wreath Kathy!!!

vivian said...

Your wreath turned out perfectly! And I loved seeing all the other wreaths too. Have a great week kathy!
Xoxo
Vivian

Our Hopeful Home said...

It's really beautiful! What kind of flowers are they, tulips? They're lovely. I've toyed with the notion of making a spring wreath for our front door but it's not a covered porch so the elements hit it hard, and you're right, the faux flowers are so expensive! So pretty.
xoKathleen

Anonymous said...

Your wreath with the tulips is stunning. I may have to make one too.

chateau chic said...

Your wreath is so pretty with all the wonderful colors of spring. And I agree, you don't look old enough to be a grandmother!!
Mary Alice

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh my gosh Kathy....the wreath is gorgeous!!!..Great job!!!...as always!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Very pretty wreath!!

Thanks so much for sharing all those inspiring wreaths!!

I usually use grapvine wreaths and have never worked with a wire wreath so this was very interesting!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Stacey said...

Your wreath turned out beautifully! I have one of those wire forms here somewhere...need to make a wreath for summer and I might copy that hydrangea. :)

Debbiedoos said...

My goodness that is a gorgeous Wreath Kathy. Looks like it would cost over 100.00 at the hobby shops. Happy Spring!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That's beautiful, Kathy. I wish I could get to H.L. more often. You've inspired me. I want to make a spring wreath. How fun when someone thinks you are young enough to have a daughter the age of your grand! laurie

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Hello, I love your spring wreath. What is the greenery you used? Was it a garland or sprigs. HL does have the best, yet expensive when not on half price. I haven't worked with a wire wreath either. Turned out so very pretty, great job!

farmhouse-story said...

charming wreath, kathy:) tfs the tutorial. yay for that cashier:)

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

So pretty and fresh for Spring! Our weather is finally cooperating here in TN! Yay! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Well I was gonna say you don't look old enough to be a grandma! :) Love this wreath - you chose the perfect flowers for it.

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Such a pretty wreath! I love the inspiration ones too.

rkramadh said...

Beautiful wreath! I have been wanting to make one for a while now with shells I have collected but couldn't get a grape vine wreath for some reason at HL, Michaels or Joann's! Odd. Anyway, I found your site via pinterest this week and my first thoughts exactly were "wow! She doesn't look like a grandma! Wonder what her secret is"! I love your style, very much my kinda decor and projects. TFS! Will visit often now :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...