I’m so glad I painted all the Altoid tins I had saved in one shot during the Summer. It made it easy to just grab one this past weekend to craft with. Since I ordered a few more Halloween related supplies from Alpha Stamps, I decided to do another Halloween tin.
This time I took one of the tins I spray painted orange. I took the lid off and, using pliers, just crimped the latch pieces that held the lid on flat. I added to the inside some left-overs of black and white scrapbook paper that I had. This was a good project for those little bits that I tend to hold onto.
I used one of the collage sheets I ordered the first time around and cut it to fit what would be the back part of this tin. I adhered that (and the scrapbook papers) with craft glue.
I had some orange trim and decided to put that around the edge of the tin. I used hot glue for that. I also used hot glue to add a “shelf” made out of a piece of cardboard to the inside of the tin.
Meanwhile, while all this glue was drying, I took some little glass vial bottles that I had and added some sticker labels to them.
I also took the mini books I ordered and a book cover collage sheet and put two together that worked with the Halloween potion theme. I used craft glue to adhere the covers to the books and used clothes pins to hold them until the glue dried.
Once the tin seemed good to go, I used E6000 to glue it to a small wooden craft candlestick that I painted black. It is stocked with the bottles, books and a couple of tiny pumpkins I recently ordered from Alpha Stamps. For now I have everything just placed inside and not glued down.
I had fun crafting the two altered tins I did for Halloween. In case you missed the last one, you can see that here. I’m looking forward to making Winter and Christmas related tins next.