Monday, January 21, 2013

Buffet Tabletop

I showed you the toile runner I made for the piece I use in our dining area as a buffet in my previous post.  I got a transferware piece I ordered {Etsy} and was able to put together a vignette that is different than what I had before.

2013 01 17_0247

I brought in my cake stand, that normally sits on top of my refrigerator, and put some of my everyday white sandwich plates within it.

2013 01 17_0233

This little cloche piece holds a transferware teacup that I had in another area.   You wouldn’t believe that I ironed this runner once already!

2013 01 17_0242

I used the wire cloche I had with the transferware topiary, which led the way on this vignette.

2013 01 17_0236

And the little creamer that I just recently got holding some antique silverware.

2013 01 17_0241

I love the transferware with the toile!

2013 01 17_0231

I also noticed while putting this together that all the metals are the same color, which worked out really well.

2013 01 17_0237

It probably won’t stay this way for long because I don’t want to be dealing with dust on the dishes, so I’m sure I’ll come up with something else in the next couple of weeks.

Linking up with

Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

18 comments:

DIYbyDesign said...

I love the vignette you created. I love the transferware too. It all looks gorgeous especially with the runner you made.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love the cake stand with the dishes in it! I leave my plates out all the time--I use them enough they never get dusty :)

NanaDiana said...

It really looks nice, Kathy. I do like the wire pieces and your whole vignette looks great- xo Diana

chateau chic said...

Your table top looks so pretty with the toile runner. Love all of your brown and white transferware! It helps make a lovely display.
Mary Alice

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Love that cake plate! So pretty! I love changing things up too. It's cheap therapy for me ;-)

White Lace and Promises said...

I love, love this vignette. Where in the world did you find that great cake plate and the cloche with the wire stand. The brown transferware cup is delightful! This is one of my favorites in a long time!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I LOVE it- brown, ivory and green is my favvie fav, truly an awesome low boy buffet, well done!

Okio B Designs said...

The pieces work so well together and what luck that they all match!

Jeanine

sheerserendipity said...

You created such a nice vignette… I love the toile runner!

Gail said...

Beautiful tabletop vignette Kathy! I love the brown and white transferware. I also love the toile runner you made. Enjoy your day, Gail

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

It's a beautiful vignette Kathy!!!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Everything blends so well together. I love the transferware and the toile too. Beautiful vignette.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh you know this is definitely one of my favorites of all time. Love your cloches and your vignette. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Cynthia said...

Love, love the cloche, the iron and the one with the cup. Great vignette.

Cynthia

20 North Ora said...

Kathy - LOVE the transferware and the toile together. Beautiful!

Judy

This N That said...

Love the cloche..and the vignette..nice look..

The Tablescaper said...

Very pretty. I hope one of these days you'll link to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

farmhouse-story said...

love the teacup topiary in the cloche, kathy--it's all very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...