Friday, April 8, 2011

Can I Get Some Birds With Those Eggs?

Like a lot of you, I have nests and eggs all over my house.  It’s been starting to get to me, though, that with all these nests and eggs, I don’t have any birds around!  So I picked up two while at Michael’s recently.  One was $3.99 and the other $1.99. 

DSC01097_0781

This happy fella is clipped to the birdcage that I won from Sissie at Sissie’s Shabby Cottage last year.  I think this is also my largest nest with eggs {found at Tuesday Morning last year and modified}.

DSC01098_0782

He was one of the few that looked like an actual bird.

DSC01099_0783

I like it!  The second one had a Blue Jay look about it {although the tail feathers aren’t quite realistic}.  I put him in my refashioned dining room table arrangement with the nest and egg addition I had added recently.

DSC01100_0784

He’s good for now.  Although, I may  move him if I find a spot I like better.  Meanwhile, decorating meltdown averted!

Kathy

9 comments:

Stitchfork said...

Perfect combos! Now does this prove the age-old question of which came first? The egg in this case!
xo Cathy

One Cheap B*tch said...

The birds add such a nice touch. I have dollar store ones from last year. They held up suprisingly well considering they were from the $1 store, oh and of course S and N kept their hands off them!

J

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

The perfect finishing touch! Have a great weekend Kathy, Martina

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Lovely, Kathy!! Well, I have some birds, a couple of eggs but no nests :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the birds. I havn't put out any birds either and I have quite a few. Your arrangements are wonderful. Love them. Hugs, Marty

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Kathy,

Your birds and nests look great! I have birds but no nests. I need to remedy that!

~ Tracy

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy!
The birdcage looks fantastic with the next and beautiful bird. What a lovely spring vingette.

You are so sweet.

hugs
Sissie

Gail said...

How cute is that! You have now started something...everyone will want birds to go with their nest and eggs.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Gail

Unknown said...

So creative!

xo,
amanda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...