Thursday, April 14, 2011

Some Dresser Inspiration

I’ve been debating whether I want to go with a light gray or Heirloom White {with a glaze on whichever one} on my rescued dresser.  I already have both paints, so I wouldn’t have to search for and buy a color.  I’m kind of leaning toward the Heirloom White only because it will fit in better in my house.  I do like the look of the gray though ~ so your guess is as good as mine as to what I will finally wind up doing!

DSC01162_0841

I decided to look for some inspiration pictures of dressers that utilize baskets, since I will be going that route for the two drawers that are missing.  This is what I came across.

dresser.1

From Acme Furniture

dresser.rethunkjunk.blogspot

From Rethunkjunk.blogspot.com

dresser.sixtyfifthavenue.blogspot

From Sixtyfifthavenue.blogspot.com

This one doesn’t have baskets, but the missing drawer space is being used as a shelf.

dresser.apartmenttherapy

From Apartment Therapy

If you have done a similar project or recall where you might have seen one, I’d love to know and add it to my inspiration pics. 

For now, before I paint it any color, I am going to take it apart, add some plywood to the missing drawer areas, sand and prime it.   Hopefully, I will be able to get started on it this weekend {especially since it is supposed to rain here all weekend}. 

Kathy

20 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

From now on I will be giving dressers with no drawers a SECOND look!! Love the one in the last photo!!!

xxoo

Tina said...

I love the heirloom white. So pretty. I rescued a dresser, similar to that, from the side of the road. I took the slider bar out from where the top drawer was missing, inserted a piece of plywood and made a shelf. My daughter uses it to keep her TV on and put her DVD player on the shelf and her movies in the drawers. But, I love the basket idea too!

Prairie Scraps said...

I used a dresser to make an entertainment center here: http://spartasavings.blogspot.com/2011/03/entertainment-center-redo.html

Unknown said...

i redid a coffee table and chose to keep the
doors off and added baskets. i love it.

Gail said...

Love all your inspirations pics Kathy. Whatever you decide, I know it will look great! We're also in for some nasty weather this weekend.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Blondie's Journal said...

What a neat dresser! I like the pattern at the bottom. I love Heirloom White, but I tend to play it safe. Gray is gorgeous as well. It is going to look so cute with baskets, very nice idea.

We are supposed to have rain all weekend, too. Ugh!

XO,
Jane

###### said...

great looks. i cant find anything on craigslist to even play around with. all i need is a project. just one.

The enchanted home said...

Hi first time here....wonderful blog. I love painted chests, and have a real thing for milky gray lately so that gets my vote..a real chalky gray..so pretty and soft!!.please stop by me too, have a newish blog about the building of our new home and my love for design and decor..hope you will stop by!!
www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

Becca Bertotti said...

I'm voting for Heirloom White. :)

Whatever you do, it will be beautiful. That little dresser is thanking you for rescuing it and making it gorgeous a million times over. Can't wait to see the reveal ...

Becca

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Love that idea~ I'll be giving second hand dressers a second look too!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Heirloom white is one of my favorite whites!

I can't wait to see this finished!

LuLu~*xoxo

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love the apartment therapy version, this is such a brilliant idea. Now if I ever come across a wonderful dresser with a missing drawer I know what to do! Janell

Jane said...

This is going to be one gorgeous dresser when you're finished with it! What a fabulous curbside find!!
Jane

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for your comments on my bombay cabinet.
I just got tired of white and decided to go gray. I'm liking the color so far and I can't wait to see what the glaze does to it.

Who knows, I might end up painting it over again! LOL.

I know your little chest is going to look wonderful.

hugs
Sissie

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Kathy, this is going to look great! Heirloom white is just my favorite color...timeless!

Can't wait to see what you do!

Lou Cinda

BECKY said...

You have such great taste, Kathy, I know it will look wonderful whatever you choose! I do love the idea of heirloom white, but am intrigued by the possibility of gray!! Can't wait to see it all done!! Hopefully the weather will hold!!

Have a delightful weekend!
Becky

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful dresser! It is going to be fab when you finish it.

We have rain here today...suppose to be sunny tomorrow.
Hugs,
Penny

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I know whatever color you choose iwll be great, but I do like the very vesatile Heirloom White. The French gray is fabulous, but for me it could be a bit limiting. We repurposed a chest and kept 2 drawers and had 2 rows of basket - great style! Linda

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Oh Kathy, what a great ideal, the baskets look great in those dressers! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

The Tuscan Home said...

Who would have thought...great idea, Kathy! Thanks for sharing! XOXO ~Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...