Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Getting Ahead of Myself

On looking through my most recent issue of Traditional Home, there are either more accent chairs being pictured or I'm just noticing them more. 

chairs

Usually when I do that, it means that I will be keeping this in the back of my mind so that, should I come across something while out thrifting {or driving by someone's trash!}, I will be looking for something with potential that I can work on. 

gray.blue chair

I'd really love to get or find a Bergere chair at a good price.  Ballards has this one but it is over $900.00. 

ballards.bergerechair

I would be just as happy to find one of these accent chairs.

accent.chair

red.chair

They can get quite pricey for a small chair that doesn't really invite comfort or sitting for any length of time.  Ballard Designs has their round back chair {comes with or without arms} and this little baby runs upwards of $400-500.00! 

ballards.roundback

So now that I’ve given myself some future food for thought, I need to stop looking ahead to what I would like to get at some point and get to work on the pieces that I have that need working on!  Do you ever get ahead of yourself that way?  Looking to the next project before you’ve even started the current one on the list?

Kathy

12 comments:

Designs on 47th Street said...

Lovely post, Kathy. Oh, I like a good accent chair. I am loving that cream one posted with matching ottoman and little leopard pillow.

Little accent chairs add so much to a room, don't they? I recently brought one into my living room and am loving it in there.

Donna

Red Door Home said...

Yes - I am always on to the next idea even before what I am currently working on has been finihsed. My to do list never seems to get shorter because I am usually adding things faster than I cross them off!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

oh yes, I'm not happy unless I've got several projects in all different stages going on! I think it keeps us young~ at least that's what I'm going with! lol:)
Beautiful photos Kathy...now you have me keeping my eyes out for chairs too!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'd love to have the room for an accent chair, these are all beautiful! Actually, I'd love a lot of things...if I had the room!

XO,
Jane

One Cheap B*tch said...

Holy moly - $900 for a chair? It better serve me grapes and give me a pedicure!

J

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Yes! I get ahead of myself ALL the time! I can't even tell you how many scrapbook projects I have started that are in various stages of completion! I think I should start a list and make myself stick to it! I love the chairs you have shown too...I would love to makeover a chair or two as well. I hope you had a wonderful Easter! Angie xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, those chairs look beautiful! The only trouble is the price!! Keep on the look out. I bet you will find one at thrift shops, or garage sales that just need some TLC.

Kathy

Becca Bertotti said...

YES, YES, YES ... I get ahead of myself ALL of the time ... so, you are not alone !! That chair is beautiful ... would love to have one myself, too. I bet one at a much better price will turn up (when you least expect it) !!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

ALL.THE.TIME.!!!
LOL, CAS

LuLu Kellogg said...

I seriously LOVE Ballard Designs....I could max out my Amex with them in about 3 minutes flat!

xoxo

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, yeah, I'm always getting inspired and looking ahead to the next project, that's probably why I have so many that haven't been finished or even started, LOL

xxoo

DIYbyDesign said...

I always looking ahead two or three projects. I love all of those chairs. I have been looking for side chairs for a while but a new one is so pricey. I've been searching on Craigslist forever but nothing great yet. Love Ballards Designs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...