Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Crowning Glory

After getting a swatch of the toile I showed you here, for the bed crown I ordered from Amy at Maison Décor, I decided to go with it for the crown panels. 

DSC07180_6244

It is called Lutece Cypress and the greenish blue color is a good match to the Duck Egg color I used on my dresser.

crownfabric

I knew I would need another fabric to line them with and found I still  had some panels I got from Target a few years ago.  They had  no current home and were just stored in the armoire in our guest bedroom.  Being neutral and a linen-look fabric {which will go with my bedskirt}, I decided to use these rather than spend anymore time or money looking for something else.

DSC07474_6526

I did mount the crown first, so this way I could check my measurements and how long to make the ties. The panels are 96 inches long and I made the ties 20 inches.    I decided to make ties for them so that I could just tie the panels on easily and used a solid color ribbon in a light teal color.

DSC07641_6696

I cut the fabric using the pre-made panels as a guide.  I hemmed the bottom of the fabric and pinned my ribbon ties in place.

DSC07656_6672

Make sure you pin the ribbon ties with the open part to be tied facing down.   I placed the ties 9 inches apart {I got six ties from the spool of ribbon and the panels are 54 inches wide}.

DSC07642_6697

Then I sewed the fabric, good side to good side, on three sides, to the panel.  Leaving the bottom {hem} open.  Here are a variety of day and night shots.

DSC07702_6725

DSC07692_6716

SONY DSC

DSC07696_6720

I had to remove two of my fern prints that were on the outside of the panels {you can probably see the nails in the wall}.  That third one is going to have to come down, too.  I have another idea for something to put there, but I’m still kicking that around.

DSC07661_6677

I’ve got these great looking wooden holdbacks on order.  They are Antique Bronze and will go with the crown perfectly.  You could leave the panels without the tiebacks, but I know how my hubby is ~ I’d be hearing about them every night.  I’ll show you how they look once I get them and put them up.

tieback

I am just thrilled with the outcome and the new look it brings to our bed!  Plus, it is reversible, so I could change it around so that the toile is on the inside.

DSC07672_6688

DSC07705_6728

DSC07691_6715

For about $52.00 for the cost of the fabric, I got a pair of bed crown panels.  I used one spool of ribbon for the ties, which I believe was under $5.00.

DSC07704_6727

SONY DSC

DSC07707_6730

Pillow covers coming up next.  I should have enough fabric left that I can make a couple of new covers for pillows that I already have.

Linking up with

Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design 

44 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Oh my Kathy! That crown is so gorgeous! You did an amazing job! It suits the bed and the room so perfectly...it looks stunning really! I love the toile and the linen on the inside is right on for the job! It must feel so relaxing & cosy to sleep under those panels! Happy Sunday! Angie xo

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, I love how this turned out! It looks like it's right out of a Jane Austen book. Your sewing idea with the linen panels and the pretty ribbon idea is just awesome. What a beautiful bedroom! ~ Jamie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

WOW!! it's looks wonderful girl..I have always loved a corona bed..I have one I got last year and it's still under my bed ha ha!! Hope you have a GREAT week my friend..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Brenda Pruitt said...

It is absolutely beautiful! I want one. So cozy appearing.
Brenda

Ellen Kepas said...

You may feel like royalty sleeping in such a beautiful bed! I love it!

Sonny G said...

looks great Kathy... you are offically a Queen now.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Kathy,

That looks absolutely fabulous!

Wow, really really does!

Well done, ma'am!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Very nice, Kathy!!!

xoxo

DIYbyDesign said...

I am in love with this. The fabric is gorgeous and the bed crown so perfect. Such a great idea to use what you had to line the drapes. This room is really coming together. Nice work Kathy.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

That fabric is just perfect for the crown. Your bedroom has such a soothing vibe.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kathy that looks so pretty! I LOVE the fabric!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Simply beautiful! Love the crown and the color of the toile.

Amy Chalmers said...

Hi Kathy! It looks wonderful and so romantic! I just adore that toile fabric in that color! I couldn't be more pleased with how you put together the bed crown from my shop. Can I borrow your pics to show it off?

NanaDiana said...

Kathy- THAT is just beautiful! I love how it turned out...the soft color and pattern is just perfect. I will be anxious to see the tiebacks, too. xo Diana

Blue Creek Home said...

WOW! How gorgeous, girl! I saw the bed crown at Maison Decor - love it and you surely did it justice with those beautiful panels! Love the ties and that they are reversible. This rooms just keeps getting better.
Rhonda

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh my goodness Kathy--I love it! Amy will love seeing this post I am sure:)

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh Kathy, this is just so so pretty!! the toile is amazing, love the look!

Inmaculada said...

Realmente bonita.
besos y feliz semana....

Unknown said...

lovely!

Lori said...

Looks fabulous! Great job and wonderful fabric.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
The bedcrown and fabric is just drop dead gorgeous, over the top fabulous and I love, love, love it!!!!

hugs
Sissie

Decor To Adore said...

This room is fit for the Queen you are! I love it.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wowzer Kathy!! That looks fabulous! I love it.

Sherry said...

Kathy, this is incredible! I LUV, LUV, LUV IT!!!!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!! Tbis is beautiful, Kathy! What a {grand} difference it makes! You are a very talented seamstress, and you make it seem like you just threw it all together and voila! it's done! :) Beeeeeuuuuuttiifulll!! ~Zuni

farmhouse-story said...

the whole room is so pretty, kathy! the crown is to die for---i might have to have one for my daybed--tfs:)

Sandy said...

Kathy, your design using the crown is just stunning... beautiful Job! I need to read more but is this your room?
Thank you for your visit to my blog and sweet comments on my closet make over.. I now have a custom closet and love it!
Now to go back and read more on your beautiful bd/rm design.
Sandy

ANNE said...

Wow - what a gorgeous fabric and a beautiful use for it! Your bed looks quite majestic!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kathy...it is gorgeous...it just made the room!....You did such a great job, as usual!

Judy said...

Kathy!!!
Your bed drapes are GORGEOUS!! You are so talented and SO creative! I absolutely love the fabric! Your work is FABULOUS!

Jodie said...

Oh girl! That is to die for! Amazing.

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, this is just beautiful! You have done an amazing job. I love the toile fabric. You should be so proud of what you have done here....I know I would be! Enjoy your evening, Gail

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Kathy, what a difference that makes! Wow, I love the fabric and can't wait to see the pillows

Carol

Unknown said...

That looks so pretty! Toile is one of my all time favorites. Years ago, when Heather and I had our shop, we used to sell bed crowns like crazy. They're as timeless and beautiful a look as toile!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow this turned out so beautiful!! The fabric is just so pretty.

Debbiedoos said...

WOW, that looks gorgeous Kathy. You had a vision and it sure came to life.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

So romantic, Kathy! I bet you feel like you have a brand new bedroom each time you walk in!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Oh wow Kathy! Your bed crown is fabulous!!!

Dee

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathy, that crown with those panels is amazing. Love this look.

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

It turned out beautifully! Just love it.

Jo @ Let's Face the Music said...

Sooo charming. Your bed crown and draperies are beautiful, fit for a princess. I hope you won't challenge her by putting a pea under the mattress. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

This is so gorgeous. I love it. I have been considering adding a crown to my bedroom as well- love how yours came out!

The enchanted home said...

WOW this is gorgeous!! You are soo talented. Can I borrow you for a month,lol! I love Amys selections too.

DIYbyDesign said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I will be featuring it tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm. Please drop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...