Friday, May 25, 2012

To Bee or Not To Bee

DSC07775_6795

This is the first of three new pillows I’m doing for my master bedroom.  The other two will just be pillow covers that will allow me to still use the pillows in their original form, if I decide to.  I’m using up the rest of the toile fabric that I used for the bed crown panels and I had just enough to do the pillows.  I used some Osnaberg fabric {which is so great to keep on hand for so many projects} and this graphic from The Graphics Fairy.  Well, the bee and wreath part is, I’m not sure where I found this altered version.  If you know ~ let me know and I’ll edit for credit.

bee image

For this lumbar pillow I used the toile for a ruffle on both short ends. With the pillow form on sale {or you can use a coupon}, the pillow cost me less than $10.00 to make!

SONY DSC

 DSC07774_6794

Linking up with

Air Your Laundry Friday at Freckled Laundry

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic - love the look, love the trim - great pillows!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Beautiful pillow!

Dee

DIYbyDesign said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the bee pillow especially with the toile on the edges. Looks perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, what a pretty pillow and I love the little bee. The contrasting ruffle looks wonderful. You're very talented.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sonny G said...

Love it and I want one.:) going to see if its available in your etsy store.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love bees....I just monogrammed the chair cushion of the chair with the Robert Allen Napolean Bee fabric...Love your pillows...

Have a great weekend!

Pam Kessler said...

Very cute. I always love bees. Something so classic about it.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love the pillow Kathy. How did you transfer it to the fabric?

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Beeutiful pillows, Kathy!! *wink*

Sophie has a thing for bees, I got her trying to catch some again today. Last year she caught several which of course they stung her inside her mouth . . you'd think she learn . . . NOT!!!

xoxo

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Great job! i'm a bee fanatic and those look wonderful!
Blessings, Lorraine

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love it! Wanted to tell you--I got my stencil I won from your blog! So excited! They also sent me a tool kit with the level and roller and brush. So nice of them. That was a wonderful prize. I am so lucky I won!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love the addition of the toile, Kathy. Great combo.

NanaDiana said...

I love it- You do such a great job with stenciling. It really looks great- xo Diana

Amy Chalmers said...

Pretty pillow~love that graphic Kathy!

Decor To Adore said...

Kathy it is bee utiful!

Stitchfork said...

Great design - love bees and crowns!
xo Cathy

thistlewoodfarm said...

Kathy,

That image from The Graphics Fairy looks amazing on a pillow! Thanks for sharing (and thanks for the inspiration)!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

blessings,
karianne

Always Nesting said...

Count me in on the love. the ruffle adds that perfect touch.

Pamela said...

Love these pillows. Yu should make some for your shop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...